Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
The AMC I go to had entire rows blocked off and when I bought my ticket it blocked out the seats next to me

As I mentioned before, here is the list of large IMAXes in US (excluding NY & CA) from LFExaminer that I had made, however, I need confirmation for the formats. As you guys mentioned, they upgrade and sometimes for special events like Nolan films they carry 70mm projector, so just let me know:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yA1UAO ... sp=sharing

Imaginatio wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 10:05 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm
Very informative post. Thank you, Imaginatio. And yes, I agree with everything you said.
You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words.

I second that man, love that post, I'll link it in the first post too :twothumbsup:

KEM
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm
As I mentioned before, here is the list of large IMAXes in US (excluding NY & CA) from LFExaminer that I had made, however, I need confirmation for the formats. As you guys mentioned, they upgrade and sometimes for special events like Nolan films they carry 70mm projector, so just let me know:

Largest IMAX in Missouri is the one in Branson I believe

SINCEPTION wrote:
The Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, CT only projects 15/70mm in an aspect ratio of 1.43:1. They frequency play science docs. They've carried new Nolan releases, and will sometimes get rare IMAX prints like The Last Jedi. They also do repertory screenings. I've seen their yearly run of Polar Express and TDK trilogy, all in 15/70mm.

Providence Place in RI has a Xenon digital projector that goes to 1.90:1 but also have a 15/70mm that can fill the 1.43:1 screen. The only IMAX film releases I've seen them play since 2014 were Nolan films.

The Jordan's Furniture IMAX in Reading, MA upgraded to laser in recent years and has a full 1.43:1 screen.

The Museum of Science in Boston, MA has an IMAX dome theater. From what I've seen, their platters are only big enough to play science docs. They projected 15/70mm for the longest time, but recently put that out of commission for laser.

The Grand Canyon Visitor Center in AZ also has a 1.43:1 IMAX theater. They're always playing a 15/70mm print of a doc short called Grand Canyon: The Hidden Secrets. When I went there in 2017 they were running a 15/70mm print of Dunkirk. Not sure what other features they've projected.

KEM wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 12:29 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:

It is, it's already in the first post. I guess I can add the theaters in the first post into that excel sheet.

KEM
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 12:34 pm
KEM wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 12:29 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:

It is, it's already in the first post. I guess I can add the theaters in the first post into that excel sheet.
My mistake then, I only saw this one! I’m planning on going to the Branson one for 3 days to see the film

SINCEPTION wrote:

Are you listing only the open ones? The Brenden theater in Vegas (Palms Hotel) is currently closed. So if you are only wanting to list the open places, this one should be removed from your list. I can confirm it's a purpose-built old school IMAX auditorium, but I have no idea if they have upgraded it to Dual Laser projection.

Best IMAX theater in Texas is at the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin. 62 feet tall, 82 feet wide. Dual Laser IMAX with properly calibrated sound. Saw Dunkirk there and it was glorious. It's closed right now due to the virus.

Shame the 70mm IMAX closed in Minnesota

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 1:30 pm
Shame the 70mm IMAX closed in Minnesota
Great theater, it really broke my heart they closed down, I genuinely wish I was rich or hit lottery to bring them back. Their sound wasn't perfect but great projection, seats, and screen (and yes it was angled like Navy Pier).