Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku
Ruth wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:46 pm
Oku wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:34 pm
Ruth I see your shiny purple username every time I open this thread, why you here but not saying a word what are your thoughts on these reviews SAY SOMETHING
LMAO i was trying to catch up on this thread😭

my personal thoughts so far are that the “cons” of this film seem to be things i am absolutely fine with - “weird”, “least accessible of his films”, “confusing” - not to sound like a blind stan, but given the plot (or what we assume it to be), those things are honestly making me more excited. i want a weird, complex kino from nolan
Not the blind stan we deserve but the blind stan we needed!

Tarssauce wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:50 pm
Oku wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:34 pm
I think, from what I see, is that that kind of polarizing film is not the film that should be welcoming back audiences after a months-long shutdown.

You don't start a meal with a thick juicy steak that requires thorough chewing and digestion, you start a meal with a light, easily-digestible...you get the analogy.

It sounds like TENET would have been the perfect final-course to cap off a fun summer season, but now it unfortunately has become the steak jammed down your throat before you've even had a sip of the wine.
I disagree. Obviously Nolan didn’t make this movie with COVID in mind. But I personally believe that audiences absolutely need a bold movie that combines huge spectacle and scope but also forces them to think and analyze. A movie that requires multiple viewings and not something you’ll watch once and forget its plot minutes after you watched it.
I really hope so XD

Edit: sorry:
A Borges man wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:54 pm
KEM wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:53 pm
It makes me excited to hear that this movie is melting peoples brains so much that they can’t understand it and therefore don’t like it
Fuck yeah it is!

I will say I was expecting a bit more of a consensus and higher reviews overall, but I'm still incredibly excited about how bold and uncompromising it seems to be. Still got a long way to go and not that it matters, but if it finishes at around 80's % on RT, that's still pretty damn good.

Any special remarks that someone might have caught regarding the score or the editing?

Going to read some reviews in a bit, just got home.

KEM
Innovator wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:58 pm
I will say I was expecting a bit more of a consensus and higher reviews overall, but I'm still incredibly excited about how bold and uncompromising it seems to be. Still got a long way to go and not that it matters, but if it finishes at around 80's % on RT, that's still pretty damn good.

Any special remarks that someone might have caught regarding the score or the editing?

Going to read some reviews in a bit, just got home.
Also looking to find some reactions for the score, that’s very high up on my importance factor

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:39 pm
"Feels like Inception, with the pressure of Dunkirk" - Hardy Zaubitzer

KEM wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:59 pm
Also looking to find some reactions for the score, that’s very high up on my importance factor
You might like this snippet from: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/fi ... t-its-one/
And, as much as I genuinely enjoyed Ludwig Goransson’s assaultive score, which successfully out-Zimmers Hans Zimmer, Nolan once again decides to muddy his film’s sound mix so that the soundtrack overwhelms the dialogue, some of which seems mighty pertinent to untangling the knotty plot.
But ugh, another Nolan movie with sound mixing issues

People (including critics) also used to say that they didn't understand Inception, Interstellar or even Dunkirk. I never understood that. You just have to pay attention. Sometimes I think all these simple Marvel movies melted the brain cells of people, so that they can't follow serious movies anymore.

Critical consensus has been posted on Rotten Tomatoes.

A visually dazzling puzzle for film lovers to unlock, Tenet serves up all the cerebral spectacle audiences expect from a Christopher Nolan production.

KEM
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 2:05 pm
KEM wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:59 pm
You might like this snippet from: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/fi ... t-its-one/
And, as much as I genuinely enjoyed Ludwig Goransson’s assaultive score, which successfully out-Zimmers Hans Zimmer, Nolan once again decides to muddy his film’s sound mix so that the soundtrack overwhelms the dialogue, some of which seems mighty pertinent to untangling the knotty plot.
But ugh, another Nolan movie with sound mixing issues
Sounds great to me!

Best take so far! (Not an official review)

Relax everyone, surely no one expected 99% score for such a challenging, complex, original, and ambitious film.

Now if TENET was at 60% right now I'd worried

I wouldn't be surprised if Mulan ended up with a higher Rotten Tomatoes score since it's probably a safer, big data driven film.