Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
poplar wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:26 pm
Intonestellar wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:25 pm
So overall the reviews have in the main been very good, most reputable giving it 4-5/5 in the main. The main criticism is that it’s too hard to follow which requires multiple viewings... something I find a huge positive.
Some called it pretentious and empty.
Same was said about Inception & Interstellar.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:27 pm
poplar wrote:
Intonestellar wrote:
So overall the reviews have in the main been very good, most reputable giving it 4-5/5 in the main. The main criticism is that it’s too hard to follow which requires multiple viewings... something I find a huge positive.
Same was said about Inception & Interstellar.
Same was said about Memento - Prestige - Inception - Dark Knight Rises - Interstellar - Dunkirk

poplar wrote:
Intonestellar wrote:
Wanna quickly find the anti-Nolan bias reviewers? Look for that word ‘pretentious’. There’s a lot of legit arguments against Nolan’s work, it’s a bit colder and more expository than people like. But calling his work pretentious is a joke. He’s never pretended to be something he’s not, or claim that his films are on a higher level than they are. That’s the reviewers bias showing through, that they interpret Nolan to be that way simply because they don’t enjoy his films the way the general audience does.

Miles wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:31 pm
poplar wrote:
Intonestellar wrote:
Wanna quickly find the anti-Nolan bias reviewers? Look for that word ‘pretentious’. There’s a lot of legit arguments against Nolan’s work, it’s a bit colder and more expository than people like. But calling his work pretentious is a joke. He’s never pretended to be something he’s not, or claim that his films are on a higher level than they are. That’s the reviewers bias showing through, that they interpret Nolan to be that way simply because they don’t enjoy his films the way the general audience does.
Hit the nail on the head

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am definitely a fan of Nolan and the fact that most of his films are dry, cold and without a soul is OK for me. But the truly legendary Nolan movies were those that had poignant drama and characters to empathize with. And the intrigue around Tenet was whipped up as if it would be an Inception-level movie. Judging by the reviews, this time Nolan turned out to be just a dry, cold and straightforward film with a cool complex concept, but without the emotional grain and emotional empathy for the characters. And I will certainly enjoy this. But do not panic at every negative review and accuse the authors of such reviews in absentia that the film is "too difficult"for them. Too complex doesn't mean incomprehensible. This may well mean that it is inappropriately spun

Oku
Ruth I see your shiny purple username every time I open this thread, why you here but not saying a word what are your thoughts on these reviews SAY SOMETHING

Listen everyone! I for one welcome Nolan's "incomprehensible" "cold" new movie. Maybe Nolan is entering his late period Michael Mann thing, where he is just gonna make movies for his fans. Also....it sounds like this movie is a genuine "mind-fuck". The level of confusion from these reviews express is super exciting! Bring on the insanity!

Look, I love Nolan's films. But I think we can all agree that Inception does not really have compelling human drama?

The dead wife trope is so amplified in Inception. Leo is phoning it in in that film. What makes the film work is that its effective and clever in the way its told, NOT its generic human drama.

Interstellar and TDKR are both heavy on the emotions and for me they pulled it off. If Tenet is low on the human aspect, then its going to have to wow people the way Inception did it with its concepts and execution.

It's at a 71 on metacritic, and 88 on RT. If that holds, I'm fine. That seems to be in line with Inception and Interstellar.

German reviews are very very positive so far. Not one mixed or negative review.
A couple of quotes:

"Remember the train from Inception - Tenet is like that. Unstoppable, but with a melancholy that does not let you go" - Moviepilot Matthias Hopf

"Tenet will cause heated discussions, for weeks" - Moviepilot Patrick Reinbott

"You've never seen something like this before" - Spiegel

"Visually stunning and great concept - on the same level as Inception" - Filmstarts

"Feels like Inception, with the pressure of Dunkirk" - Hardy Zaubitzer