Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Vader182 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:15 pm
Vader182 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 4:22 am
Don't be shocked folks if this is in the Interstellar-Inception RT range of 70s to 80s. won't be the end of the world.

-Vader
whelp

-Vader
Nolan taking big leaps where some will follow, other won't, I'm ok with that.
I'm mostly afraid about it having not enough heart, and being too intellectual for its own good.

Oku
I'm not gonna lie guys, the mixed reviews have kind of killed my hype.

Obviously I'm still going to see it and judge for myself, but I mean like, if I were seeing some reputable publications giving it a 10/10, then that would give me hope to balance out the negative reviews

But that's not what's happening: even the highest scores that the reputable ones are giving are only 7/10 or 8/10.

That is not what I wanted to see, and it definitely hurt my hype.

Oku wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:21 pm
I'm not gonna lie guys, the mixed reviews have kind of killed my hype.

Obviously I'm still going to see it and judge for myself, but I mean like, if I were seeing some reputable publications giving it a 10/10, then that would give me hope to balance out the negative reviews

But that's not what's happening: even the highest scores that the reputable ones are giving are only 7/10 or 8/10.

That is not what I wanted to see, and it definitely hurt my hype.
The score has jumped up to 81%

Higher than Interstellar and Prestige rotten rating

Oku
Oh shit, 10/10 from Total Film, and more importantly from Mr. (Robbie) Collins!

OK, now my hype is cautiously rising again, but the sadness is still lingering inside >.<

Vader182 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:20 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:18 pm
“It’s cold, humorless, and confusing”

Wow so it’s every Nolan critic review ever
idk. these don't bother me personally, but if Dunkirk played to his strengths and he was acclaimed for this, it's not unreasonable this could play to his weaknesses.

-Vader
Yeah, maybe. Honestly it feels like Chris just wanted to make his own personal bombastic balls to the wall spy movie, critics be damned. Especially after the somber Britishness of Dunkirk.
Last edited by ChristNolan on August 21st, 2020, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remember guys Interstellar & Inception has v similar first reviews, both films get better with multiple viewings, the same thing those who are criticising are saying, it’s confusing and needs multiple viewings. Imo that’s a huge plus.

When I look at a RT score I like to take both Critic and Audience score into account. For me, one does not mean much without the other.

Ace

Last edited by Ace on August 21st, 2020, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The negative reviews are actually making me excited... most of the negativity is reviewers complaining that the plot is too complex for them. That's just the kind of film I love, a film that forces you to think and doesn't just offer up a simplistic one-dimensional plot.