TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
Vader182 wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 1:16 am
AWR: And if they’re selling concessions, people are gonna be taking off their masks and eating, and that’s tantamount to eating in a restaurant in a closed space—even worse, because you’re basically in a closed box. There aren’t even windows, there’s no ventilation. Right now you want to be thinking about “time, space, people, place”: You want to think the about the amount of time you’re spending, how socially distant you can be, who you will be around, and what the ventilation is like. And it’s not just one of those boxes you should check; you need to be checking all of them.

Short of renting out an entire theater, which is obviously not an option for most of us, there is no scenario in which going to a movie theater is a good idea. If a movie theater is opening, they should close concessions and they need to have employees in the theaters with night-vision goggles to be able to really see people and make sure that nobody’s bringing in food and everyone is wearing masks at all times. That’s another reason movie theaters aren’t a good idea: You can’t control what everybody else is doing around you. So if you’re in room with however many people for a few hours, and you don’t know their risk statuses, you’re totally subject to the risk of everybody else around you.
https://film.avclub.com/please-don-t-go ... e=facebook

-Vader
Clearly nobody really cares lol

As always, not a single mention about how other countries are re-opening their theaters.

Almost 6 million people in South Korea went to a movie theater last month. I assume they're still with us.

Insomniac wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 6:46 am
As always, not a single mention about how other countries are re-opening their theaters.

Almost 6 million people in South Korea went to a movie theater last month. I assume they're still with us.

(also they handled the pandemic a lot better from the start - gotta remember that being a major factor. The safety measures can be more or less appropriate depending on the state of COVID at that particular time. Which in the US and UK too is.... :ninja: ).

antovolk wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 7:27 am
Insomniac wrote:

(also they handled the pandemic a lot better from the start - gotta remember that being a major factor. The safety measures can be more or less appropriate depending on the state of COVID at that particular time. Which in the US and UK too is.... :ninja: ).
I'm starting to think this movie is cursed.. just can't catch a freaking break.

Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 1:16 am
AWR: And if they’re selling concessions, people are gonna be taking off their masks and eating, and that’s tantamount to eating in a restaurant in a closed space—even worse, because you’re basically in a closed box. There aren’t even windows, there’s no ventilation. Right now you want to be thinking about “time, space, people, place”: You want to think the about the amount of time you’re spending, how socially distant you can be, who you will be around, and what the ventilation is like. And it’s not just one of those boxes you should check; you need to be checking all of them.

Short of renting out an entire theater, which is obviously not an option for most of us, there is no scenario in which going to a movie theater is a good idea. If a movie theater is opening, they should close concessions and they need to have employees in the theaters with night-vision goggles to be able to really see people and make sure that nobody’s bringing in food and everyone is wearing masks at all times. That’s another reason movie theaters aren’t a good idea: You can’t control what everybody else is doing around you. So if you’re in room with however many people for a few hours, and you don’t know their risk statuses, you’re totally subject to the risk of everybody else around you.
https://film.avclub.com/please-don-t-go ... e=facebook

-Vader

Sorry to interrupt, but I had this question and it has been asked before. But when do we think we know how much IMAX footage has been shot for Tenet? Next Wednesday will it be released. So I presume that we at least would hear it some days before. I just checked it out on Wikipedia.

The Dark Knight 28 minutes of IMAX footage (Total duration: 152 minutes)
The Dark Knight Rises 72 minutes of IMAX footage (total duration: 164 minutes)
Interstellar 66 minutes of IMAX footage (Total duration: 169 minutes)
Dunkirk 79 minutes of IMAX footage (Total duration: 106 minutes)
Tenet ..... (total duration: 150 minutes)

jacobj wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 11:23 am
Sorry to interrupt, but I had this question and it has been asked before. But when do we think we know how much IMAX footage has been shot for Tenet? Next Wednesday will it be released. So I presume that we at least would hear it some days before. I just checked it out on Wikipedia.

The Dark Knight 28 minutes of IMAX footage (Total duration: 152 minutes)
The Dark Knight Rises 72 minutes of IMAX footage (total duration: 164 minutes)
Interstellar 66 minutes of IMAX footage (Total duration: 169 minutes)
Dunkirk 79 minutes of IMAX footage (Total duration: 106 minutes)
Tenet ..... (total duration: 150 minutes)
I'm very interested in this as well. Based off the production notes we got last week, it seems like it could end up having more IMAX footage than any film before. I guess we'll have to wait until the movie actually comes out to confirm this though.

Boo-hoo-hoo,
People won't be able to eat for 2,5h and drown out the movie by crunching and slurping.
Poor bastards, Jesus Fucking Christ :lol: Is Geneva aware of this monstrosity?!
Btw, I love when people get instantly 'hungry' exactly when a movie starts :clap:

ninenin wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 9:56 am
antovolk wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 7:27 am
Insomniac wrote:

I'm starting to think this movie is cursed.. just can't catch a freaking break.
seriously

CASE wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 12:20 pm
Boo-hoo-hoo,
People won't be able to eat for 2,5h and drown out the movie by crunching and slurping.
Poor bastards, Jesus Fucking Christ :lol: Is Geneva aware of this monstrosity?!
Btw, I love when people get instantly 'hungry' exactly when a movie starts :clap:
We're talking the USA here, land of the super-size.