Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Travis Scott is a crazy good musician, so it's funny to see film twitter lose their shit at Nolan working with a great artist.

People also seem to forget Ludwig is literally a hip-hop producer as well.

But if you look at the footage and trailers we've seen and Nolan's own work, you wouldn't associate it or think it would feature a hip-hop sound.

It's unusual but we haven't heard the song yet.

Bacon wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 12:17 pm
Travis Scott is a crazy good musician, so it's funny to see film twitter lose their shit at Nolan working with a great artist.

People also seem to forget Ludwig is literally a hip-hop producer as well.
Whether he’s considered a great artist or not can vary from person to person. My only complain regarding their collaboration would be this guy’s tendency to use auto tune but that’s just me, like I said. Some people are just surprised (good or bad) by the use of it because they were not expecting that in a Nolan film based on his previous works perhaps, which is sort of understandable.

This song is a very minor detail. The important thing is the film itself and the soundtrack Ludwig composed for it.

KEM
808s in TENET confirmed

Tarssauce wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 12:21 pm
But if you look at the footage and trailers we've seen and Nolan's own work, you wouldn't associate it or think it would feature a hip-hop sound.

It's unusual but we haven't heard the song yet.
Idk I could see it having a hip hop flair to it. I doubt this'll be out of place. Blade Runner 2049 had an original song too lol.

Bacon wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 1:25 pm
Idk I could see it having a hip hop flair to it. I doubt this'll be out of place. Blade Runner 2049 had an original song too lol.
Which honestly wasn’t great. Also, it was for one of the short films and not directly connected to the movie. It wasn’t even in the credits lol - don’t think it fit what Zimmer and Wallfisch created for film.

Personally wasn’t expecting hip hop and what we heard from the score is very far from hip hop. I’m actually listening to some of Scott’s music. Generally, I’m just not a fan of the genre but there are some good parts I like.

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 1:49 pm
Bacon wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 1:25 pm
Which honestly wasn’t great. Also, it was for one of the short films and not directly connected to the movie. It wasn’t even in the credits lol - don’t think it fit what Zimmer and Wallfisch created for film.

Personally wasn’t expecting hip hop and what we heard from the score is very far from hip hop. I’m actually listening to some of Scott’s music. Generally, I’m just not a fan of the genre but there are some good parts I like.
Rodeo is by far his best album

KEM wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Rodeo is by far his best album
Might check it out. I was listening to ASTROWORLD.

Tarssauce wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 1:49 pm
Generally, I’m just not a fan of the genre but there are some good parts I like.
You mean you don't have WAP on repeat??

Nomis wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 2:06 pm
You mean you don't have WAP on repeat??