Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 9:03 am
remember the Tenet billboard in his Instagram story... this explains it
Thats right!

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 10:00 am
I doubt he hates songs for films. He loves bond after all.
Yeah... after I posted that I thought maybe that was Zimmer in reference to movies like Titanic. So this is completely different.

Tarssauce wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 10:37 am
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
Yeah... after I posted that I thought maybe that was Zimmer in reference to movies like Titanic. So this is completely different.
I agree with whomever said Travis' 'voice', as mentioned in the article, was not his literal voice. Travis is a lot like Kanye, whereas his strengths in producing music are first and his rapping is second (in my opinion, at least). I am not a fan of his music, but I do know someone who has been involved with his creative team for a long time. A lot of careful thought is put into even his album artwork - I am sure if Nolan says Travis had the missing piece to the puzzle, he actually did have it.

Tarssauce wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
Maybe he hates when action sequences use a song
Last edited by Jesus of Suburbia on August 18th, 2020, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarssauce wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 9:52 am
If so they could’ve released it for promo.
I bet they will, this Friday when tickets go on sale.

I'm sure this has been said by someone else here before, I'd guess this is definitely his answer to the Bond title songs, perhaps for the end credits.

That Black Panther fever must've hit Nolan pretty good. Not only did he work with a new composer he never worked with before just because he liked his work on Black Panter, but now he's gonna have a full-on original mainstream song as part of the soundtrack. A rap song, of all the things.

Forum Pro
Dragon_316ca wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 8:49 am
I didn't know Travis Scott created a secret track for Tenet.
https://www.gq.com/story/travis-scott-s ... er-profile
The track is for Christopher Nolan's enigmatic thriller Tenet, and it sounds like a brain-liquefying trip through time and space. It's Scott's first foray into writing music for a film, but his contributions, says Nolan, were crucial. “His voice became the final piece of a yearlong puzzle,” the director tells me over email. “His insights into the musical and narrative mechanism [composer] Ludwig Göransson and I were building were immediate, insightful, and profound.” The track is still untitled at the moment (and is currently known as “Travis mix 16”), which is a fitting accompaniment to an indefinitely delayed film that no one knows anything about.

“I can't even explain it,” Scott says when I ask him to tell me anything about the film. “You literally just have to watch it. It's very fire.”

atwins wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 10:46 am
Tarssauce wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
I agree with whomever said Travis' 'voice', as mentioned in the article, was not his literal voice. Travis is a lot like Kanye, whereas his strengths in producing music are first and his rapping is second (in my opinion, at least). I am not a fan of his music, but I do know someone who has been involved with his creative team for a long time. A lot of careful thought is put into even his album artwork - I am sure if Nolan says Travis had the missing piece to the puzzle, he actually did have it.
Thanks for the info

Uno wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 9:49 am
I'm not sure how I feel about this...
KEM wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 10:05 am
This is the first time I’ve ever doubted this movie lol
Maybe Nolan's lost his edge? :P

Forum Pro
Travis Scott is one of the best producers working in music today, across all genres. If you ask me, he’s been the best member of Good Music for a few years now. His prowess is across all genres too.

My only axe with him is that Pablo Honey might be his favorite Radiohead album but that’s a conversation for another time. You is a great song though.