TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Tenet?

gropercity wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 9:51 pm
Theaters have been open in Texas for weeks. AMC across the country opens on the 20th. Not sure why we have to wait till september.
Theaters in Texas have been open for months. Since May where I'm at.

Oku
rotas wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 8:57 pm
Oku wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 6:50 am
Making-of book chapter titles (local):
Opening Words John David Washington 6
Chapter 1 Start 8
Chapter 2 Protagonist 16
Chapter 3 Merry-Go-Round 28
Chapter 4 Duel in Freeport 48
Chapter 5 Road Without Destination 62
Chapter 6 Breaking the Wave 86
Chapter 7 Indian Summer 108
Chapter 8 Final Countdown 118
Chapter 9 Puzzle Pieces 142
Chapter 10 Mission Complete 150
Closing Words Kenneth Branagh 154
Wrong. It's actually Road To Nowhere. Also, what's your source? I call cap on this
Which is why I said "local"; those two things mean pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, local press says live conference with Mr. Nolan on the 20th.

Then maybe possible early public screenings on the 22nd and 23rd, but nothing decided yet.

Apparently Mr. Nolan loves and wants this country to be the first to get TENET, which is shocking, to say the least, because I don't think that he has ever visited even once? XD

But it's not decided yet because they may be worried about the fact that a big movie moving up a release kills indie films that were planning to open the week before and it causes public backlash.

Got my tickets for monday 24th in Paris :gonf:

gropercity wrote:
Joshua Strong wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 9:46 pm
gropercity wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 7:32 pm
What select US cities are showing this August 31? They need to let us know.
Probably just Chicago for now, St. Louis and MKE are maybes.

I called the Music Box and they said that they’re waiting on WB to confirm the details of the preview screenings FWIW. I imagine they’ll make an announcement next week.
Theaters have been open in Texas for weeks. AMC across the country opens on the 20th. Not sure why we have to wait till september.
I agree with this 100%. I live in Indy near the the 70 mm IMAX downtown and have been to numerous of the Nolan rescreenings they have done this last month at half capacity. I really don't understand what a week wait will do to improve the situation in the states.

KingOfTheNorth wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 2:59 am
gropercity wrote:
Joshua Strong wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 9:46 pm

Probably just Chicago for now, St. Louis and MKE are maybes.

I called the Music Box and they said that they’re waiting on WB to confirm the details of the preview screenings FWIW. I imagine they’ll make an announcement next week.
I agree with this 100%. I live in Indy near the the 70 mm IMAX downtown and have been to numerous of the Nolan rescreenings they have done this last month at half capacity. I really don't understand what a week wait will do to improve the situation in the states.
I'm honestly baffled by it. They could have simply released it worldwide in all available and open theaters. That's so much more simple of an approach. Now we're going to have a scenario where international gets it a week before and leaks will be rampant. Then there's some kind of preview screenings days before. Then the US release a week later. What a fucking mess!

gropercity wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 3:02 am
Now we're going to have a scenario where international gets it a week before...
Now you know how the rest of the world feels!

Still scheduled to come out September 18th here... I got a reply from my IMAX theater, they're not even showing the BTS footage with Inception rerelease today :think:

gropercity wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 3:02 am
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 2:59 am
gropercity wrote:

I'm honestly baffled by it. They could have simply released it worldwide in all available and open theaters. That's so much more simple of an approach. Now we're going to have a scenario where international gets it a week before and leaks will be rampant. Then there's some kind of preview screenings days before. Then the US release a week later. What a fucking mess!
Could it be to get some of the worst critics off their backs? If they can point to Europe opening a week before it gives them some leverage and time enough to halt the release if covid cases skyrockets days after...

Oku
Local excerpt:
Character information has also been revealed: the "nameless man/unnamed man" played by John David Washington, is participating in a terrorist incident as part of a special unit, when he becomes entangled in a mission around the mysterious keyword "TENET". Neil, played by Robert Pattinson, is an excellent agent who helps to carry out his duties as the best friend of the unnamed man, and the role of traveling around the world with him. The biggest point is how they escape from the time reversal.

In addition, Andrei(Andrey) Sator, played by Kenneth Branagh, is an enigmatic villain who plays the role of linking the future with the present, and stands against the nameless man. And Elizabeth Debicki appears as a key figure holding the secrets of Sator, while Michael Caine, known for being a regular in Nolan's work, appears as Sir Michael Crosby(Crozby/Krosby/Krozby), a key figure in the British intelligence department.
Last edited by Ruth on August 14th, 2020, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: potential spoilers