TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
Dragon_316ca wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 11:13 am
This guy also got an invite.

yes that's me asking haha
:lol:

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 11:41 am
I see that people are begging for cast interviews and zoom interviews etc., but... why? Do you want to hear for the hundredth time that actors cannot reveal anything, and Nolan to say that this was made for the big screen? :D
In my case, I only want to read or hear a bit more about Jennifer Lame’s thoughts on the film besides what she already said which wasn’t a lot.

What select US cities are showing this August 31? They need to let us know.

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 11:41 am
I see that people are begging for cast interviews and zoom interviews etc., but... why? Do you want to hear for the hundredth time that actors cannot reveal anything, and Nolan to say that this was made for the big screen? :D
this is true though :lol: because the plot is kept to such a high level of secrecy, there's not a lot of talking points

Oku wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 6:50 am
Making-of book chapter titles (local):
Opening Words John David Washington 6
Chapter 1 Start 8
Chapter 2 Protagonist 16
Chapter 3 Merry-Go-Round 28
Chapter 4 Duel in Freeport 48
Chapter 5 Road Without Destination 62
Chapter 6 Breaking the Wave 86
Chapter 7 Indian Summer 108
Chapter 8 Final Countdown 118
Chapter 9 Puzzle Pieces 142
Chapter 10 Mission Complete 150
Closing Words Kenneth Branagh 154
Wrong. It's actually Road To Nowhere. Also, what's your source? I call cap on this

Forum Pro
gropercity wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Probably just Chicago for now, St. Louis and MKE are maybes.

I called the Music Box and they said that they’re waiting on WB to confirm the details of the preview screenings FWIW. I imagine they’ll make an announcement next week.

Joshua Strong wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 9:46 pm
gropercity wrote:

I called the Music Box and they said that they’re waiting on WB to confirm the details of the preview screenings FWIW. I imagine they’ll make an announcement next week.
Theaters have been open in Texas for weeks. AMC across the country opens on the 20th. Not sure why we have to wait till september.

Joshua Strong wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 9:46 pm
gropercity wrote:

Navy Pier is opening the third but I wouldn't be shocked if they did the previews

-Vader

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2020/8 ... -in-canada

In case you were still in denial that Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” was actually coming out at the end of the month, here comes some more news, this time from North of the border as Canadian press in Toronto, albeit a very limited and select few, caught Nolan’s film this past week. A journo who attended the highly secretive screening had mostly positive things to say about the film, I won’t mention anything else, but, suffice to say, upon hearing the news, I immediately emailed a WB contact I had in Canada, and he indeed confirmed that more press screenings are coming about shortly.
This release is a huge gamble for Nolan, the WB, and cinema in general — will people show up to watch a movie in the dark, with hundreds of strangers around them and a no-mask policy to boot? That’s the big question we’ve been asking ourselves for months now and we will finally be getting an answer to it in late August. I’m all set to watch “Tenet” sometime next week, the embargo is, understandably, very specific and strict — I’ll have to be, mostly, cryptic from here on in.
Warner Bros. is set to open Nolan’s long-awaited epic in over 70 countries worldwide, including Europe and Canada, starting on Wednesday, August 26. Meanwhile, “Tenet” will be released in the U.S. on September 3rd in cities that “have reopened safely.” There is still no word yet on whether the two biggest American markets (New York City and Los Angeles) will allow “Tenet” to screen in their theaters, mostly due to the severe and restrictive COVID-19 laws that have been put into place in those respective cities.

will people show up to watch a movie in the dark, with hundreds of strangers around them and a no-mask policy to boot?

What? Masks are mandated almost everywhere now.