[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 10:41 am
In the new IMAX poster, can't help but notice all these soldiers with hazmat masks...

so what's the deal of them? who are their boss and what's their goal

Nice catch. Also it looks like the helicopter is carrying
the inversion machine?

The Special One wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 10:53 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
In the new IMAX poster, can't help but notice all these soldiers with hazmat masks...

Nice catch. Also it looks like the helicopter is carrying
the inversion machine?
they're not messing around when they said the scale of this film is unbelilevable.

Oku
DUNKIRKIE wrote:

lmao

Reminds me of this:

Some oddities in there, I wonder if some/all are cgi models? The odd way of standing, the T poses. On the other hand, the two on the right look like they could be production assistants.

MMatt wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 8:41 am
Some oddities in there, I wonder if some/all are cgi models? The odd way of standing, the T poses. On the other hand, the two on the right look like they could be production assistants.
lmao interesting

:D

MMatt wrote:
That is rather funny. :clap:

----
In terms of fan theories, has anybody expressed the theory that the reason the protagonist (JDW) must pass a serious test of conviction like be willing to die instead of giving up a colleague is that he himself will be condemned?
Not to immediate death but rather to inversion beyond the limits of return or safety.
Either:
1) He will go back so far in time, that he will run out of "reverse-oxygen" too far away from an inversion machine to be de-inverted back to "forward-flowing regular time".
or
2) He will go back too far to be de-inverted. His mission will require him to go backwards, beyond the point in time at which the inversion machine was created, so he won't be able to de-invert. He will be stuck going backwards until his death.

Friendless_at_Dusk wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 12:14 am
MMatt wrote:

----
In terms of fan theories, has anybody expressed the theory that the reason the protagonist (JDW) must pass a serious test of conviction like be willing to die instead of giving up a colleague is that he himself will be condemned?
Not to immediate death but rather to inversion beyond the limits of return or safety.
Either:
1) He will go back so far in time, that he will run out of "reverse-oxygen" too far away from an inversion machine to be de-inverted back to "forward-flowing regular time".
or
2) He will go back too far to be de-inverted. His mission will require him to go backwards, beyond the point in time at which the inversion machine was created, so he won't be able to de-invert. He will be stuck going backwards until his death.
I think he will stray from his original mission to prevent WW3 and get stuck trying to prevent his own death instead. and maybe even cause ww3 accidentally/set the events of the start of the movie in motion

Friendless_at_Dusk wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 12:14 am
MMatt wrote:

----
Either:
or

I think the way inversion works is that each chamber of the machine manipulates the flow of time for whatever object or person is in that chamber, in opposite ways. For example, the blue chamber probably reverses the direction of time, relative to the rest of the world, for whoever enters it. Going into the red chamber while inverted probably undoes the inversion, but going into the red chamber while "normal" probably speeds up the flow of time for that person. That's pure speculation, but the thinking is based in how the technology seems to be linked to the manipulation of thermodynamics (as hinted to by the equations and the illustration of Maxwell's demon on the whiteboard in the laboratory/shooting range). Time in this movie will be depicted as change in entropy relative to the surroundings, if the machine decreases your entropy relative to your surroundings you are essentially inverted.. however if the machine increases your entropy relative to your surroundings you are essentially speeding up time for yourself. I think the red and blue color scheme is supposed to represent "hot and cold" meaning "increasing and decreasing" entropy, respectively.

How does this tie in to the Eagle Mountain, apocalyptic scenes? I'm thinking they fastforward to the future in order to learn some information or bring something back with them to the past to prevent world war 3.

Thoughts on the Chinese TV Spot

so confirmation Pattinson will be fighting the inverted SWAT guy? Funny how they used two different stuntmen and you see Pattinsons' SWAT guy not quite mirroring the other side so he's waiting for the SWAT guy on the side to co-ordinate their jump

and judging the blue and red lights flashing by and the height of the vehicle cabin, looks like Pattinson and JDW are in one of the SWAT cars or a truck in Tallinn Image