Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
geozou1 wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 1:44 pm
What Disney is doing is disgusting, honestly. But it is a business, a business I will no longer support. How dare they....helping kill theaters faster with a move like this. Why do it on the same exact day as Tenet's release? Why not a week before? Really a d**k move, unbelievably disgusting.
So THIS is what kills your support for Disney? :D

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 10:36 am
it’s a f*ck you too to WB
‘Disney trolls WB’

Meh, I don't think it will effect Tenet's box office one bit. Apples and oranges, one is exclusively in theatres and the other is VOD; you could watch it digitally any time you want.

You don't think releasing two of the biggest blockbusters of 2020 on the same day–-–one option being much safer, and possibly cheaper, than the other–––will have an impact on box office?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 2:07 pm
You don't think releasing two of the biggest blockbusters of 2020 on the same day–-–one option being much safer, and possibly cheaper, than the other–––will have an impact on box office?

-Vader
I thought Tenet was getting a limited release?

Apparently 85% of screens domestically.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Not really. Mulan is going to cost $30 (almost double the cost of a normal ticket) and I would say both movies have different demographics.

Disney is the great Satan

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 10:04 am
Accroding to some reliable sources:

MULAN will be released in China August 28th, TENET September 4th.

A little bummed that we won't able to see it in August but still, happy enough to see it in theatre within a month's time.

Official confirmation should be soon.
Thanks for the info

Vader182 wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 2:23 pm
Apparently 85% of screens domestically.

-Vader
Any updates on NYC and California's reopening plans ?

ninenin wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 2:37 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Not really. Mulan is going to cost $30 (almost double the cost of a normal ticket) and I would say both movies have different demographics.
love the irony of saying Mulan is almost double the cost of a normal ticket when almost 70% of households will be paying closer to $10-$15 (or less, for families or multiple roommates) per person for Mulan whereas loads of people, especially most of us here on NF, will happily pay $20, IE more than the 'net' Mulan price, to see Tenet in IMAX or Dolby.

And yes, the two movies will absolutely compete. Slightly different demographics (Mulan skews younger, obviously) but they're both PG-13 blockbusters trying to hit a broadly similar type of consumer. They would never work as counter-programmers on the same opening weekend for that reason.

-Vader