Tenet's Cinematography

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Pioneerr wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 3:40 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 2:57 am
Even though it was just one paragraph, finally I can see something from Jennifer Lame! Good enough for now.

These interviews are amazing! Given that Tenet reportedly has more action than any of Nolan's previous films and IMAX was also used to shoot more intimate scenes, how much IMAX footage do you all think will be in the movie? Based off this information I would assume more than any of Nolan's previous films. Do you guys think this is possible?

Paul Franklin isn't involved in Tenet?

^ Maybe because he went on to directing his first feature?

KEM
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 9:28 am
Paul Franklin isn't involved in Tenet?
That was the first thing I noticed, did they still go with Double Negative?

Fisher: During prep, everything always proceeds forward at the same time, be it figuring out about boats in one location or car chases in another, while also thinking about how to do the Pet-airplane scene. Fortunately, I have built relationships with guys overseas, which helps as you can pick back up with those reliable contacts, a lot of whom are UK-based, so you wind up with a team in each country. We did a lot of testing with different pyro formulas, since varying the frame rates was going to be an important aspect, getting together with Hoyte for that to discuss the reverse stuff and frame-rate ramping, so there were recipes we could carry throughout.
INCEPTION style slow motion confirmed?

hey everyone for record TENET overall visual effects supervisor is Andrew Jackson who was Dunkirk vfx superviror and Mad Max Fury Road.
also they used the ArriFlex 765 camera for some highspeed 65MM 5P footage and also for reverse shots.

I wrote the ICG article cited above, and I gotta say, folks were a lot more closemouthed on this than when discussing INCEPTION. The camera operator wouldn't even speak to me until after I talked with Hoyte, even about stuff that was pretty evident in the trailer.

There's some more stuff with the SFX and VFX guys that will be going into an article for VFX VOICE which'll street around first of October.

My conversation with Lame was only by email, and I was hoping to follow that up with a much longer one for CineMontage, but that still hasn't been approved by the Nolan camp, so whenever it happens, it will probably be a web-only piece, since we missed the window for making the Fall issue.

trevanian wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:45 pm
I wrote the ICG article cited above, and I gotta say, folks were a lot more closemouthed on this than when discussing INCEPTION. The camera operator wouldn't even speak to me until after I talked with Hoyte, even about stuff that was pretty evident in the trailer.

There's some more stuff with the SFX and VFX guys that will be going into an article for VFX VOICE which'll street around first of October.

My conversation with Lame was only by email, and I was hoping to follow that up with a much longer one for CineMontage, but that still hasn't been approved by the Nolan camp, so whenever it happens, it will probably be a web-only piece, since we missed the window for making the Fall issue.
how interesting, thank you

for record it will be an article on American Cinematographer and British Cinematographer and Cinefex for the December issue