TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I had a dream that I saw Nolan in a classroom, like he was a guest speaker or something. I sat next to him and we had a full conversation. I showed him something on my phone and he said “My, uh, condition hasn’t improved. I can’t stand to push those tiny buttons.” And I said “let your DP do that, leave the button pushing to Hoyte.” And we laughed hysterically. I said “I bet Hoyte pushed all the buttons on the IMAX camera for Tenet.....did he?” “Yes, yes he did.” “Oh yes! I can’t wait to see that. I hope that September date sticks.” And be looked super depressed, I bet he actually is. And then he left and I wrote “Chris Nolan sat here” on a piece of paper and left it on the table.

thats one hell of a dream there, i wish mine where so sensical and nice overall.

mario80 wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 2:54 am
Here in Europe it started again too. In Germany 1000 cases a day, in France 1300 cases.And in Spain too.August 26 never seemed so far away.This is a fucking joke, the more we come closer seeing it, the more cases increase and it is pushed back. I really hope there won't be any bad surprises again.
Okay everybody needs to calm their tits and relax. None of you have experience with analyzing stats and it shows. Here is a reputable site that tracks covid cases all over the world. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... y/germany/ . That's the data for Germany. You need to look at the trends over longer periods and not just freak out over single day readings. You can see that in the long run cases have decreased in the past couple of months and levels off. You're going to see random spikes from day to day. If you look at today's stats for Germany they only had a few hundred new cases. Look at the seven day average and you'll see it's a flat line. Things are stabilizing in most countries. Take precautions and they won't go up again.

ninenin wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 4:55 pm
mario80 wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 2:54 am
Here in Europe it started again too. In Germany 1000 cases a day, in France 1300 cases.And in Spain too.August 26 never seemed so far away.This is a fucking joke, the more we come closer seeing it, the more cases increase and it is pushed back. I really hope there won't be any bad surprises again.
Okay everybody needs to calm their tits and relax. None of you have experience with analyzing stats and it shows. Here is a reputable site that tracks covid cases all over the world. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... y/germany/ . That's the data for Germany. You need to look at the trends over longer periods and not just freak out over single day readings. You can see that in the long run cases have decreased in the past couple of months and levels off. You're going to see random spikes from day to day. If you look at today's stats for Germany they only had a few hundred new cases. Look at the seven day average and you'll see it's a flat line. Things are stabilizing in most countries. Take precautions and they won't go up again.
Also look at the new daily deaths. In France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc, it is now almost zero. Here in France the hospitals are now very far from being overcrowded (5k people in hospitals vs 30k in april). Unless something very bad happen in the next three weeks, Tenet will release as planned.

Also, cinemas are definitely struggling here too. The biggest cinema in Paris - the Grand Rex - just closed for lack of new movies (and thus lack of audience). They plan to reopen on August 26th for Tenet, and they seem to really look forward to it to make people come back.

Don’t know if it’s true but be careful:

luxneji wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 9:28 pm

Did anyone happen to catch the spoiler before it was deleted? I'm looking for spoilers.

ninenin wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 10:03 pm
luxneji wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 9:28 pm

Did anyone happen to catch the spoiler before it was deleted? I'm looking for spoilers.
It was a one-trick troll, most likely. Someone posted a bait comment under her recent Tenet video and she took it as a legit thing. If there were actual spoilers for this move, Twitter and Reddit would be filled with them. So far, there's nothing there.

Do we know how much of this was shot in IMAX yet?

Mulholland-Jr wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 8:09 pm
Do we know how much of this was shot in IMAX yet?
I don’t think so. There are just assumptions. But Hoytema said they even shot intimate moments with some version of IMAX, so it remains to be seen how much of it was shot with it because it seems they took that technology to more personal moments from what I can gather. If you ask me, and considering Pattinson also said they had new technology for IMAX, it may end up having more scenes with that camera than his other films. We’ll have to wait to find out I guess but right now it’s endearing what we know so far.

I think it's because of new lenses which enabled them to get closer to the actor's faces, but I think it's still as loud as it used to be. They did manage to make the 5-perf 65mm camera's quieter. Which is nice.