HBO's Game of Thrones (2011-2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55483
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Batfan175 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:20 am
m4st4 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:02 am
People. Are. Not. The same. People. Have. Different. Opinions.
Never said that people can't have their own opinions. There are many who do think that it's not a proper adaptation, I just happen to disagree. Doesn't mean I think that people cannot have different opinions from mine, I'm merely expressing my own. They are welcome to disagree and think that I don't know what I'm talking about. Feel free to do so.
Thank you for being reasonable for once.

Now, the way I see it, when you quote a huge amount of text and just throw a dismissive line like that, it tells a different story.

You may say, but m4, aren't you doing exactly the same thing to me here? Exactly. We're not listening to each other as we should. Because we're coming from a different sides of the spectrum.

I would like to meet in the middle more often, that's it.
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝑱𝒂𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍.
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆

User avatar
Posts: 7290
Joined: January 2014

User avatar
Posts: 18794
Joined: June 2012
Location: stuck in 2020
GRRM is going to take as long as possible to finish TWOW and then even longer for the next and presumably final one

Posts: 4445
Joined: January 2012
Nomis wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 5:57 am
GRRM is going to take as long as possible to finish TWOW and then even longer for the next and presumably final one
I can see him finish the 6th book. I can't see him finish the series at this point.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55483
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Too bad shitty ending to series will most likely be the only ending there is to ASOIAF.
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝑱𝒂𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍.
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆

Posts: 4445
Joined: January 2012
m4st4 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 3:02 pm
Too bad shitty ending to series will most likely be the only ending there is to ASOIAF.
It's a good ending and also at least it is an ending. A book series without an ending, especially when he has all the time in the world to finish it, would be pretty embarrassing.
Last edited by Batfan175 on August 1st, 2020, 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Posts: 42742
Joined: May 2010
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:36 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 3:02 pm
Too bad shitty ending to series will most likely be the only ending there is to ASOIAF.
It's a good ending and also at least it is an ending. A book series without an ending, especially when he has all the time in the world to finish it, would be pretty embarrassing.
Lol.

And seriously fuck off, it’s not “embarrassing” to not finish a massive complicated series. What is “embarrassing” is your blind apologism for this show and how you post on this forum in general.
Last edited by Allstar on August 1st, 2020, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 4445
Joined: January 2012
Allstar wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:39 am
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:36 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 3:02 pm
Too bad shitty ending to series will most likely be the only ending there is to ASOIAF.
It's a good ending and also at least it is an ending. A book series without an ending, especially when he has all the time in the world to finish it, would be pretty embarrassing.
Lol.

And seriously fuck off.
The showrunners had a deadline and they stuck to it, which he seems incapable of doing. I'm getting tired of people constantly making excuses for the guy (which they are mostly doing because they don't want to face the possibility of him losing interest in his story).

Telling me to go away in a rude manner is also a) not going to change my opinion about the ending and b) not going to change the fact that Martin most likely will not finish his book series.

User avatar
Posts: 42742
Joined: May 2010
Yeah they met their deadline and the wide general consensus is they completely botched the finale in epic fashion. Nothing will change that.

User avatar
Posts: 19911
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
Allstar wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:39 am
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:36 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 3:02 pm
Too bad shitty ending to series will most likely be the only ending there is to ASOIAF.
It's a good ending and also at least it is an ending. A book series without an ending, especially when he has all the time in the world to finish it, would be pretty embarrassing.
Lol.

And seriously fuck off, it’s not “embarrassing” to not finish a massive complicated series. What is “embarrassing” is your blind apologism for this show and how you post on this forum in general.
jeez


-Vader

Post Reply