TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
collin49 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 6:57 pm
https://deadline.com/2020/07/imax-worke ... 202997816/

“Several people at Imax were involved with Tenet at the post-production phase,” CEO Rich Gelfond said Tuesday during a conference call with Wall Street analysts. “Their reaction was, ‘Oh my God – I forgot how great it was to be in a movie.’ Tenet is just a beautifully filmed, beautifully made, wonderful movie. … It wasn’t just one person, at one age. It was a number of Imax employees who spontaneously said that to me.”
It makes sense for him to spruce up Tenet for personal gain. But nonetheless this is exciting and comforting. There’s going to be nothing worse than after all this entire release date debacle for Tenet to be shit

intersteIIarx wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 8:14 pm
collin49 wrote:

“Several people at Imax were involved with Tenet at the post-production phase,” CEO Rich Gelfond said Tuesday during a conference call with Wall Street analysts. “Their reaction was, ‘Oh my God – I forgot how great it was to be in a movie.’ Tenet is just a beautifully filmed, beautifully made, wonderful movie. … It wasn’t just one person, at one age. It was a number of Imax employees who spontaneously said that to me.”
It makes sense for him to spruce up Tenet for personal gain. But nonetheless this is exciting and comforting. There’s going to be nothing worse than after all this entire release date debacle for Tenet to be shit
Yea always take that stuff with a big "grain of salt". I don't know how many times I've read or saw interviews from people connected to a movie/tv that go on about how great it is and it turns out to be a dud. But I guess it's better than saying nothing at all.

collin49 wrote:

:gonf:

collin49 wrote:

Thank you. That’s great. Although this quote made me feel unease "Unlike Dunkirk, which was a European-centric movie, Tenet is a more traditional action thriller blockbuster with the potential for wider global appeal”. The "traditional" part. Felt to me as if he was saying that it’s a usual money maker action film. Although he probably didn’t mean that of course and it’s Nolan we are talking about but it just gave me that impression.

Tenet is not seeing Dunkirk's universal acclaim?, thanks for indirectly confirming it I guess.
Not that I would be surprised.

Lincoln wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 9:00 pm
Tenet is not seeing Dunkirk's universal acclaim?, thanks for indirectly confirming it I guess.
Not that I would be surprised.
That remains to be seen.

Someone on reddit said they have seen the film and are doing some sort of Q/A. Bullshit or no? I heard that IMAX workers got to see the film so idk.

speedy117 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 11:03 pm
Someone on reddit said they have seen the film and are doing some sort of Q/A. Bullshit or no? I heard that IMAX workers got to see the film so idk.
That is certain bullshit. No way someone would risk their NDA to entertain the online community.

collin49 wrote:

Certainly he isn't going to say the film is underwheming but it's still exciting and positive news

OH MY GOD YES