Appearances of the Cast and Crew

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
intersteIIarx wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 6:40 pm
Insomniac wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
https://vk.com/doc597271763_560466196?h ... b16483e1ac

I've only skimmed it, but it seems pretty generic.
I’m going though translating it now. It’s funny that this publication has referred to Pattinson as a
“mysterious double agent”
Also like this segment:

“ Nolan's wife and film producer Emma Thomas was immediately struck by the strange way her husband's brain works. "An idea with him is only expressed if he finds a framework to tell it," she says. This was the case for Inception and Interstellar. With Tenet, it was even more painful, maybe ten years, it was a fixed idea. But once he's written his screenplay, he's got his movie in mind, so to speak, down to the frame. When it goes into the editing room, it's even more impressive. He keeps an intact track of every take for every scene. If you have to tell the difference between thirty takes, he will do it with disconcerting ease. "

Christopher Nolan needs a proven routine to manage his memory. He systematically puts his keys in the same pocket. And takes care to conscientiously note his ideas on a notepad. His dress code - a three-piece suit, a white or pale blue shirt, always without a tie -, worn indiscriminately all year round, rain or shine, is part of this meticulous routine. To let his mind wander with the greatest freedom, Nolan has endeavored to automate the material tasks and the most fundamental aspects of his life, like a sizeable equation that, when solved, does not need to be further reviewed.“

And potential allusion to the
clones theory
“he had developed a passion for physics and had been struck by the narrative biases on which some scientists relied. Albert Einstein, in particular, always worked intuitively, starting from a story. The physicist was thinking, for example, of twins. One takes the train, the other finds himself abandoned on the station platform. But they meet again a few years later. “Did they age the same way? Nolan wonders. There is a certain melancholy in the answer to such a question which perfectly illustrates the laws of quantum physics. " The cinema allowed him to find this melancholy, to affix sadness to the apparently mechanical world of science.
I'm not too sure if this emphasis on quantum physics is good marketing for Tenet though. The general movie-going public is looking for a good action movie with strong emotional relatability. Clearly Nolan derived ideas from real physics for this movie, but I hope there wouldn't be awkward exposition on physics like in Interstellar.

From back in early May from Wes Chatham:
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/e ... ward-phase

One of my favorite directors is Christopher Nolan. I just got to work on his next movie, Tenet. They’re really strict about what you can say about it. I’m involved in a very small way, but I just wanted to work with him. I'm just fascinated by his process and how he creates things. It was such an exciting experience to be a part of that.

My 15-year-old would just be feeling like he's living in a dream, that he gets to do this for a living, be on The Expanse, and get to work with Christopher Nolan. It’s a pretty magical thing.

Friendless_at_Dusk wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 4:23 pm

One of my favorite directors is Christopher Nolan. I just got to work on his next movie, Tenet. They’re really strict about what you can say about it. I’m involved in a very small way, but I just wanted to work with him. I'm just fascinated by his process and how he creates things. It was such an exciting experience to be a part of that.

My 15-year-old would just be feeling like he's living in a dream, that he gets to do this for a living, be on The Expanse, and get to work with Christopher Nolan. It’s a pretty magical thing.
That’s so awesome coming from him! And the expanse is great. Love that show. Happy to know he’s in Tenet.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 4:31 pm
Friendless_at_Dusk wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 4:23 pm

That’s so awesome coming from him! And the expanse is great. Love that show. Happy to know he’s in Tenet.
You can actually briefly see him sitting next to JDW in the van during the prologue.

new magazine feature should be available to read on July 30. Hopefully we manage to find scans of it! :gonf:

intersteIIarx wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 4:20 am

new magazine feature should be available to read on July 30. Hopefully we manage to find scans of it! :gonf:
looking forward to this

Nice one. Thank you for this :twothumbsup:

I managed to get ahold of the Tenet/Nolan feature in Best Movie Magazine (Sorry for the LQ)

Image Image