Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Fuck IMAX and VOD, I want to watch this in Fortnite...
Can we please perma ban 12 yr olds^

rotas wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 3:09 pm
speedy117 wrote:
He was clearly joking...
What is up with everyone these days?

rotas wrote:
speedy117 wrote:
I can't believe how high the joke went over your head...

speedy117 wrote:
:D :D :D :D

As the release date continues to hold, I was reminded of the statement by the studio moving the release date to August 12:
“Warner Bros. is committed to bringing ‘Tenet’ to audiences in theaters, on the big screen, when exhibitors are ready and public health officials say it’s time. In this moment what we need to be is flexible, and we are not treating this as a traditional movie release. We are choosing to open the movie mid-week to allow audiences to discover the film in their own time, and we plan to play longer, over an extended play period far beyond the norm, to develop a very different yet successful release strategy.”
I have mostly interpreted this statement by the first sentence, which means release the movie when it is time. Looking at the next sentences, flexibility refers to both the time they release the movie and the way they release it. The phrases: "[not] a traditional movie release," "allow audiences to discover the film in their own time," "extended play period far beyond the norm" could also be interpreted as releasing the movie for the theaters that are open, and other theaters could show it when they open. This makes it appear, for better or worse, that they could still have a strategy for releasing August 12. However, releasing it soon may mean possible health concerns and negative publicity. But from a purely business standpoint, pushing it back months would waste much of the marketing budget, which might not be offset by the potential for better box office results. Overall, there are many new factors at play here which may require a very different release strategy like the studio mentioned. This would be new territory, considering this might be the first major movie release in months, and who knows what the public response might look like.

rotas wrote:
speedy117 wrote:
Holy shiiiiiit. Whoosh. Whoosh whoosh whoosh. Triple whoosh.

speedy117 wrote:
you watch it on fortnite and stream it for me to watch please, cuz thats the truest Gen-Z cinema experience :gonf:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:16 pm
speedy117 wrote:
you watch it on fortnite and stream it for me to watch please, cuz thats the truest Gen-Z cinema experience :gonf:
The way it was intended to be seen

If I was given the choice to watch a Blu-ray disc in my HT system now versus waiting till next July to first properly see Tenet in IMAX, I would take the former option. I'd still want to eventually see it in IMAX of course, but it would be too tempting to wait.

Now, if it's a VOD stream or some bootleg... fuck no.

This is a few days old, but I didn't see it posted here: