TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:15 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:09 pm
KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:04 pm
And when you guys say “piracy”, do you mean low quality cam rips, or the actual movie in full quality?
Both. Outside of USA, it's actually pretty common for full HD quality to leak from theatres.
Really? That’s interesting, how does that work? Do the workers just take the digital file they show and upload it? Never knew that was a thing so I’m curious
No, just that China has made high quality camrips a fucking art basically.

I believe there have only ever been one or two occasions that a DCP file was cracked and it was just to show it could work, way way after the films had the official Blu release.

I’m not sure if it’s a Korean source but big movies usually leak in SD with not so great audio and subtitles. Almost like screener quality.

“By original plan” do they mean the delay to 31st and then to Augest 14?
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 15th, 2020, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEM wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:
KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:04 pm
And when you guys say “piracy”, do you mean low quality cam rips, or the actual movie in full quality?
Both. Outside of USA, it's actually pretty common for full HD quality to leak from theatres.
Really? That’s interesting, how does that work? Do the workers just take the digital file they show and upload it? Never knew that was a thing so I’m curious
Apart from what antovolk mentioned, there's also screeners (sent to critics) being rippedd and sent to torrent website. But this shouldn't be a issue for Nolan's movies.

I think they’re totally resigned to the fact they’re not gonna make any money on this. It’ll just be a big write off. Health is wealth.

I am so looking forward for new movies because watching movies is not a huge time investment.

Watching TV series can be very satisfying but it takes hours hours of your time and I don't have much time after work.

Also, I miss watching movies on the big screen.

Even if Tenet is delayed for quite some time, I would love to watch old, or new but smaller scale movies in my local theaters.

antovolk wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 12:48 pm
The new Inception re-release footage will be 4 minutes long - https://es.ign.com/tenet/165301/news/el ... cine-yelmo
So in 17 July we are going to see 4 minutes of extra Tenet footage?? Am I right?
If this is true I hope someone records that and share It with us who can't see It.

^July 31 unless things shift again which seems like they will.

KEM
antovolk wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:18 pm
KEM wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

No, just that China has made high quality camrips a fucking art basically.

I believe there have only ever been one or two occasions that a DCP file was cracked and it was just to show it could work, way way after the films had the official Blu release.
Damn I was hoping I’d get a high quality leak while I wait a year before I see in in theaters in the US haha

Tarssauce wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:04 pm
But they said that they will start the screening in 17 July with Dunkirk and 23 Interstellar, then 31 Inception.
No Tenet footage in Dunkirk and Interstellar then?

enfitt wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:04 pm
But they said that they will start the screening in 17 July with Dunkirk and 23 Interstellar, then 31 Inception.
No Tenet footage in Dunkirk and Interstellar then?
Only with Inception on 31st
Tarssauce wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:21 pm
I’m not sure if it’s a Korean source but big movies usually leak in SD with not so great audio and subtitles. Almost like screener quality.

“By original plan” do they mean the delay to 31st and then to Augest 14?

Yeah that's due to Korea getting super early Premium VOD releases of studio films after only a few weeks at cinemas. Apparently it's due to piracy there being super super high and cinema chains there aren't as stuck up about exclusivity windows as most other countries. Wouldn't happen with Tenet though I don't think... they'll hold off on releasing the VOD version until the world can have it for sure.
Last edited by antovolk on July 15th, 2020, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.