TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
antovolk wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:07 pm
as a viewer, I’d be delighted. But after the days of discussion about how much international cinemas that are open now are arguably hurting even more by not getting access to new content, Nolan (himself a Brit) reportedly picking that decision (also Regal is UK owned! is… 😬
But the US is still the most important market and he's living in LA. To release it internationally first will just mean piracy and potentially larger loss for WB.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:20 pm
antovolk wrote:
as a viewer, I’d be delighted. But after the days of discussion about how much international cinemas that are open now are arguably hurting even more by not getting access to new content, Nolan (himself a Brit) reportedly picking that decision (also Regal is UK owned! is… 😬
But the US is still the most important market and he's living in LA. To release it internationally first will just mean piracy and potentially larger loss for WB.
Exactly. There trully is no right answer here, this must be unbelievably frustrating for everyone involved in this decision.

KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:19 pm
So are we thinking international release first followed by the US later on?
That Vulture piece basically disproved that.

KEM
dragon_phoenix wrote:
antovolk wrote:
There’s no way they make money on this movie lol

KEM
And when you guys say “piracy”, do you mean low quality cam rips, or the actual movie in full quality?

KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:04 pm
And when you guys say “piracy”, do you mean low quality cam rips, or the actual movie in full quality?
Both. Outside of USA, it's actually pretty common for full HD quality to leak from theatres.

KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:59 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
antovolk wrote:
There’s no way they make money on this movie lol
Yea the only way they can still make money is to wait for COVID to be over...which god knows when it is.

So Nolan’s plan to save theaters only applies to US chains? Got it.

We’re going to wait a long time to see this movie if they’re waiting for US to catch up. Wish I could lose interest in this because it’s just frustrating.

KEM
dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:09 pm
KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:04 pm
Both. Outside of USA, it's actually pretty common for full HD quality to leak from theatres.
Really? That’s interesting, how does that work? Do the workers just take the digital file they show and upload it? Never knew that was a thing so I’m curious

You never know. Remember when X-Men: Origins leaked online a month before the theatrical release? The movie still turned a profit. I think the real question is whether or not people want to leave their homes.