TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Another Nolan interview incoming? :gonf:

With all these magazines from around the globe... will Empire feature an in-depth look at Tenet at all? Did I bet on the wrong horse by subscribing to Empire instead of Total Film this year? :D I was looking forward to their usual Nolan-feature...

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 6:40 am
With all these magazines from around the globe... will Empire feature an in-depth look at Tenet at all? Did I bet on the wrong horse by subscribing to Empire instead of Total Film this year? :D I was looking forward to their usual Nolan-feature...
I bet they will. Since, it's one the biggest magazines left that hasn't had a Tenet feature, I'm betting they're waiting until the release date is more absolute before debuting it.

KEM
The Wikipedia page says Ludwig remotely recorded musicians from their homes, any idea on the source?

KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 12:23 pm
The Wikipedia page says Ludwig remotely recorded musicians from their homes, any idea on the source?
It was in one of the magazines, either TotalFilm or Entertainment Weekly.

KEM
DHOPW42 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:15 pm
KEM wrote:
Any link/screenshot of that? I want to get as much info on the score process as I can!

KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:19 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
KEM wrote:
Any link/screenshot of that? I want to get as much info on the score process as I can!
This is the TotalFilm full issue. Have a look at it, i think it's here, not 100% sure though.

https://smallpdf.com/shared#st=ee707e76 ... nt&rf=link

KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:19 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
KEM wrote:
Composer Ludwig Göransson was about to start the orchestral sessions for the soundtrack when the country shut down. “We’ve been recording the musicians in their houses individually and then my engineer’s putting it together,” says Göransson, whose credits include Black Panther and The Mandalorian. “You don’t get the traditional orchestra sound, but the sound that we do get is actually very fitting for the score.”
https://ew.com/movies/christopher-nolan-tenet-cover/

KEM
Very interesting, I’m excited to hear how that sounds. So far the score seems to be much more sound design heavy, so I think this closer, focused orchestral sound will be really cool

KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Very interesting, I’m excited to hear how that sounds. So far the score seems to be much more sound design heavy, so I think this closer, focused orchestral sound will be really cool
I agree. The music in the prologue sounds like a modern electronic band music rather than the typical orchestral sound. Having the musicians record their individiual parts is not that bad of a deal.

Film music tend to receive significant electronic enhancements anyway.