[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
enfitt wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 7:35 pm
We ca see his face though...
Is this the theory JDW vs JDW confirmed, or is it just a coincidence that also the stunt looks like him?

https://ibb.co/kJM8DjB

Personally I think that the Swat guy is too big to be a JDW double...
Your opinions now!
There is no way its JDW :lol: :lol:

The white big guy who played swat in that fight scene 100% was this guy...

Maybe a little Primer in here too

marshallmurphy wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 8:20 pm
enfitt wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 7:35 pm
We ca see his face though...
Is this the theory JDW vs JDW confirmed, or is it just a coincidence that also the stunt looks like him?

https://ibb.co/kJM8DjB

Personally I think that the Swat guy is too big to be a JDW double...
Your opinions now!
How can you tell that the stunt guy looks like him? The picture is not very clear. I personally don't feel like this theory is going to end up being true. What would be the point? Is there some kind of significance to JDW
fighting himself? I feel like there is usually some significance to characters having to fight themselves. Like in Logan one version of him was evil and the other was not. I haven't seen Gemini Man, but there is also a purpose to that. What would be the purpose of JDW having to fight JDW? And why is one bad and one good?
It is very very clear that the guy is a black man with a beard, just zoom out at the original picture if you have It from the update thread.

But anyway I am not saying that that is true, because I was the one who wrote down days ago that the Swat guy is to big to be JDW. And if you would have read my post carefuly i repeated this again. I just wanted everybody's opinions.

Here, you can see clearely that he is big fella:
https://ibb.co/KWL2zM3

And not he is not caucazian, he is 100% black, me and some other users have pointed this out since the trailers, look:

https://ibb.co/vHjbhk3
https://ibb.co/74TvsQ2

His skin is the same skin color as JDW. But it might just be a coincidence that the stunt man is dark skin also, that doesn't necessarely mean that he will be JDW.
Who knows !?

Of course, the stunt on the previous page is not JDW if JDW is right there. This is not how movies work.

The actual scene will have two JDW fighting? probably.

We don’t know the identity of the SWAT, what is happening in those stills you see is some sort of rehearsal. The stunt guy just took his mask off.

If the theory was right, there’s only one JDW in our world guys lol.

Lincoln wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 11:13 am
Of course, the stunt on the previous page is not JDW if JDW is right there. This is not how movies work.

The actual scene will have two JDW fighting? probably.
I know that daaa .
But I am saying that being that big as he is doesn't make sense
to play a JDW version
Anything might happen anyway, It's Nolan we are talking about.

I don't get why we're speculating that this stunt double is black, based on his face which is mostly obfuscated in shadow, when his hands wrapped around JDW's torso are clearly white.
With characters who are masked and fully covered up, the ethnicity of the stunt double is meaningless. They just need to match the overall body type, and be able to do the stunt.

It could be a black stunt actor for certain scenes, and when the character is unmasked within the story, it could be friggin' Matt Damon.

It could be multiple stunt actors sharing duties as the same character. I know in some shots we've seen the sleeve rolled up a bit, revealing skin that looks darker.

May be two stunt actors, one black, one white. Maybe they trade-off, maybe one got injured and they had to pull the other one in.

Anyways, while going through some footage, I was intrigued by something...

This behind-the-scenes photo of the fight taking place in what looks like the storage room of an art gallery/museum, it's
just down the hall from a "demon door".

We see on the top left, the art storage. On the top right, the hallway.

In this shot, where the soldier reverse shoots the gun at the glass by the demon door, you can see under JDW's elbow, the same flooring of the hallway.

So this art museum (possibly the one we see Debicki inspecting a painting in) happens to have a portal that can transport you to a reverse timeline? :o

Sounds like some clandestine activity they're taking part in.

hotsauce32 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:14 pm
I don't get why we're speculating that this stunt double is black, based on his face which is mostly obfuscated in shadow, when his hands wrapped around JDW's torso are clearly white.
With characters who are masked and fully covered up, the ethnicity of the stunt double is meaningless. They just need to match the overall body type, and be able to do the stunt.

It could be a black stunt actor for certain scenes, and when the character is unmasked within the story, it could be friggin' Matt Damon.

It could be multiple stunt actors sharing duties as the same character. I know in some shots we've seen the sleeve rolled up a bit, revealing skin that looks darker.

May be two stunt actors, one black, one white. Maybe they trade-off, maybe one got injured and they had to pull the other one in.

Anyways, while going through some footage, I was intrigued by something...

This behind-the-scenes photo of the fight taking place in what looks like the storage room of an art gallery/museum, it's
just down the hall from a "demon door".

We see on the top left, the art storage. On the top right, the hallway.

In this shot, where the soldier reverse shoots the gun at the glass by the demon door, you can see under JDW's elbow, the same flooring of the hallway.

So this art museum (possibly the one we see Debicki inspecting a painting in) happens to have a portal that can transport you to a reverse timeline? :o

Sounds like some clandestine activity they're taking part in.
Yup you might be right, it happens a million times for different stunt doubles to shoot as a single charachter. And also i have to agree about the floor. But the shot of Debicki inspecting art is shot in Amalfi, Italy not here.

enfitt wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:23 pm
Yup you might be right, it happens a million times for different stunt doubles to shoot as a single charachter. And also i have to agree about the floor. But the shot of Debicki inspecting art is shot in Amalfi, Italy not here.
Just as stunt doubles don't have to be an exact 1:1 replica of the character they're portraying, a filming location in real life isn't indicative of its location within the movie. The "Ukrainian Opera House" in the prologue was filmed in Estonia.

Even if the shot of Debicki inspecting the artwork was shot in Italy, within the story, it might take place in some other country.

It doesn't rule out the possibility that it's the same museum that
JDW has his hallway fight in.

I will be disappointed if there's a clone though. It's been used in The Prestige, Predestination etc...