Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Theaters in China may reopen in July

Abdulnistan wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 7:19 am
Why WB keep delaying the release date??...why are not ok to open theatre??...but some people have rights to doing this??

I am tired seeing global news and see all double standard media narrative..i live in UAE and i am grateful not seeing that hypocrasy in my country
I believe it was a march not organized by the city. It was a protest.

agh pls dont start with the alt right stuff, lets keep it TENETY

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 8:08 am
Theaters in China may reopen in July
That's great news, got a source?

With numbers increase And states like Florida, Texas, and California starting to roll back on things being opened. I feel like Tenet is going to get push back again

DylanHoang wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 3:02 pm
The only time any version of full IMAX has been released was the specific scenes shot in that format for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. The full 1.43:1 scenes were included as special features on the trilogy collector's edition. But it's not feasible to release entire features in that format because no home products are capable of displaying those versions without side-letterboxing. A theatre auditorium specifically for IMAX70MM film projection is best for that format.

But the blu-ray releases are the only ways to view the films in 1.90:1, the cropped IMAX format, basically what you get in a digital LIE-MAX auditorium. His films are always cropped to 2.40:1 on digital releases.
Not to derail this thread again, but I really was enjoying reading the sidebar. A point of correction is that the BR release is better than LieMAX ratio wise. 16:9 provides more vertical than the 1.90 of LieMAX (1.77). Even so, I have a 16:10 monitor so the extra vertical always taunts me with black bars.

LelekPL wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 4:31 am
Tenet might be looking to move to September according to Deadline due to the Coronavirus spikes in the US.
https://deadline.com/2020/06/conjuring- ... 202974467/
My guess is it moves to October as well, then every movie moves to 2021 due to actual second wave and still no mass produced vaccine.