Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Law wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 3:14 pm
happy father's day to our daddy's Teddy and Alex

This is all speculation. We have to wait and see if Nolan does the right thing or not.

I'm disappointed Nolan isn't doing the right thing by pushing to delay Tenet, but I'm sure he's rationalizing this by trusting each state's own rules to reopen safely, and if theaters (and bars, restaurants, gyms, etc) are reopening, why not have theaters play Tenet if they're already open?

I mean hell, Mulan is going to open to a much bigger audience and probably make more money, exposing a greater % of people to Covid-19 than Tenet ever would. Not to mention Disney also reopening parks. At least Nolan is doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. Disney just doesn't care.

-Vader

Right now I'm not even sure if we're going to see a single new movie in theaters in 2020, let alone Tenet.

But then again my fam is working in a fully booked hotel so clearly the economy is moving on despite the numbers and the danger. No idea.

Allstar wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:25 pm
Twitter is currently trending with #Adamdriverisoverparty. They’re trying to cancel him because he’s “islamophobic” because he joined the military post 9/11 and he said the n word in character/scripted in blackkklansman. It’s truly amazing how fucking dumb these people are. Just stunning.
at this point i’m just convinced people do it because they’re bored and they find it funny

also fans want to detract attention away from things/people who may truly deserve such treatment

That whole Adam Driver thing reminds me of those Trump supporters in front of the camera the other day.

Dumb. Fucks.

First day out of my home in more than three months. I went back to work. In public transports, almost everybody is wearing the mask right, and people are respecting safety distance; in the streets, people wear it much less. Inside the company building, we're forced to wear the mask in the corridors and they hand me twenty masks for the week. Didn't meet a lot of colleagues as it's only 25% of employees every week.

I am likely going back to the cinemas on Wednesday. I hope to watch Elephant Man, that I've never seen. And then on Friday Gladiator, that I've watched but never in cinema.

I will finally have a Switch on July 1st.

So that one thread (shall remain unnamed) brings out the worst people on here, doesn’t it?

I've just learnt not to read any of the major threads in the Tenet section, especially when there's more than 3 pages of unread posts in the thread.