Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
If theaters become staging grounds for the virus and cases get traced there, 2020 is DONE. I’m the biggest Nolan apologist around, but the wise move might be 2021. Totally sucks but this is a once in a century kind of event.

geozou1 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Things are looking bad right now....I'm expecting another delay. I hope I'm wrong.
Hopefully they still release it in the UK 8-)

Just delay the fucking thing.

CANCEL/DELAY CULTURE need to stop!!

Im just tired to the media narrative..

Can't wait to see new footage on inception re-release..

William Blake wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:15 pm
If theaters become staging grounds for the virus and cases get traced there, 2020 is DONE. I’m the biggest Nolan apologist around, but the wise move might be 2021. Totally sucks but this is a once in a century kind of event.
What happens when the 2021 wave hits and we're still not much closer to a safe and effective vaccine? Most arts & culture just stop and aren't there when things can finally resume? Because without the proper financial support in place for creative industries that's all an approach like this will achieve. Perhaps you consider that necessary for the sake of public safety against this thing, but what I don't like is some people I've seen dressing the prospect of further delays up as anything other than that (this part isn't directed at you necessarily, btw). I personally don't mind if I have to wait a few months extra to see a movie, it's not a big deal, but realistically it's not going to get much better than July/August. Push movies into autumn/holiday season and they'll get canned by the second wave. Push movies into next year and some chains will have gone bust and plenty will have gone to VOD, terminally damaging the medium. Wait until a safe and effective vaccine is in place, and there won't be cinemas left to re-open.

Hugely popular art forms and institutions can and do disappear overnight, historically. When they're gone they're gone, except for an occasional revival as a niche kitschy re-enactment-type event decades or centuries down the line. No such thing as "too big to fail". People can have a seriously good point, saying that nevertheless they think human lives are more important than film, but they shouldn't diminish the stakes by acting as if cinemas can just stay closed for an entire year or three and then start up again and resume normal service.

The single most important thing IMO is to lobby cinemas to at least encourage- if not enforce- masks worn from entrance to exit. Encourage people to buy concessions to take home with them on the way out if they're interested in further supporting the venue without removing their mask in the auditorium; that's what I'll be doing.

RrobynneUK wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 5:02 pm
William Blake wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:15 pm
What happens when the 2021 wave hits and we're still not much closer to a safe and effective vaccine? Most arts & culture just stop and aren't there when things can finally resume? Because without the proper financial support in place for creative industries that's all an approach like this will achieve. Perhaps you consider that necessary for the sake of public safety against this thing, but what I don't like is some people I've seen dressing the prospect of further delays up as anything other than that (this part isn't directed at you necessarily, btw). I personally don't mind if I have to wait a few months extra to see a movie, it's not a big deal, but realistically it's not going to get much better than July/August. Push movies into autumn/holiday season and they'll get canned by the second wave. Push movies into next year and some chains will have gone bust and plenty will have gone to VOD, terminally damaging the medium. Wait until a safe and effective vaccine is in place, and there won't be cinemas left to re-open.

Hugely popular art forms and institutions can and do disappear overnight, historically. When they're gone they're gone, except for an occasional revival as a niche kitschy re-enactment-type event decades or centuries down the line. No such thing as "too big to fail". People can have a seriously good point, saying that nevertheless they think human lives are more important than film, but they shouldn't diminish the stakes by acting as if cinemas can just stay closed for an entire year or three and then start up again and resume normal service.

The single most important thing IMO is to lobby cinemas to at least encourage- if not enforce- masks worn from entrance to exit. Encourage people to buy concessions to take home with them on the way out if they're interested in further supporting the venue without removing their mask in the auditorium; that's what I'll be doing.
WB has invested 200m + in this film. They going to want to make sure theaters are opened and people want go. WB is going need to make around 500m on this film. Films like New Mutants and other mid to small budget movies should open in theaters. Like the new Tom Hanks movie should try go theaters.

KEM
At this point, I hope they just delay it indefinitely. I really wanna see this movie in IMAX, I was planning on seeing it at least 5 times in theaters, but there’s no way I’m going if I’m forced to wear a mask, so I hope they just delay it. I‘m really torn on how this movie might do financially right now, on one hand a lot of people are finally going out and living life like normal, but a lot of other people seem to be really scared to be around others, so it’s really a 50/50 chance on this movie bombing or doing really well.