The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
Oh damn, the flood gates are open!

Dr. Uckmann, Papa Joel and Ellie on KindaFunny spoilercast:

Spoilerific obviously. Essential viewing once you're done.
Last edited by m4st4 on June 25th, 2020, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think they should start building a monument to Laura Bailey already. Not only was she cast in a role the importance of which may have to be kept as a spoiler forever for anyone who hasn't played P2 until that moment, but many of those that do will never even agree with that choice in the first place. That's quite the sacrifice, meanwhile Troy keeps showing up everywhere all the time and that's great, but Laura can't yet. Pretty tricky.

Right?!
She's equally if not more important to this story. I even put her on No. 2 on the last page. A true definition of a grower character. Challenges you on multiple levels, one for me - I admit it, was prejudice. Hoping for a future spoilercast with her.
Anyway video above, I'm only at the beginning, but already essential for all the haters out there. Neil and Troy carefully explain everything in detail. The process, the work, the choices. The detailed and many talks about all that has happened. Many tears already from all three.

about halfway through that video and it's great. i have to pause to get some stuff done, but i can't wait to finish.

also, neil's biggest lie (real spoiler):
was that this is a game about hate. in many ways it is, but mostly, it's a game about empathy, forgiveness, and love. the "this game is shallow, violence is bad har har" people just don't get it. and that's especially why the comments on the internet where people are so mad ellie doesn't kill abby just tell me how truly sadistic certain people can be - it proves the game right more than anything.

Omg, they're doing one with Laura, next week! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And yeah it's fantastic, so emotional.

Edit: Druckmann just confirmed MGS2 as an inspiration. Hell yeah.

m4st4 wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 11:27 am
naked joel in part 3?

Michaelf2225 wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 12:30 pm
m4st4 wrote:
naked joel in part 3?
Oh my

m4st4 wrote:
Of course it is. MGS2's inspiration is far-reaching and widespread, let alone how much this game follows in its footsteps and stumbles in ways MGS2 never did.
MGS2 except Raiden brutally murders Solid Snake in front of Otacon, and you play as Raiden chasing down Otacon for the second half of the game, resulting in EE and Olga (who's pregnant) getting shanked and killed in the on-going skirmish, and then in the final fight, Otacon spares you because "revenge is bad" lol.

have you never heard the the thing about the devil being in the details, as in the how not the what

or you wanna just start looking spoilers up for everything and only play/see it if you like what you read?

Bacon wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 3:54 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Of course it is. MGS2's inspiration is far-reaching and widespread, let alone how much this game follows in its footsteps and stumbles in ways MGS2 never did.
MGS2 except Raiden brutally murders Solid Snake in front of Otacon, and you play as Raiden chasing down Otacon for the second half of the game, resulting in EE and Olga (who's pregnant) getting shanked and killed in the on-going skirmish, and then in the final fight, Otacon spares you because "revenge is bad" lol.
keep trolling :twothumbsup: