Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:13 am
RIP to all the Nolan fans in NY
Well, they can always travel to a different state to watch the movie.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:12 am
speedy117 wrote:
Isn’t that worse?

anikom15 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:42 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:12 am
speedy117 wrote:
Isn’t that worse?
Yea it is. Just fucking open some cinemas in NYC man.

Oku
antovolk wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:16 pm
Oku wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:44 am
Is this legit?:

Not sure what you mean here, these tweets from critics are legit...

But yeah the above sentiment I've seen some express but that misses the critics' ultimate point that the governments shouldn't have opened the country and businesses up in the first place. The best the cinemas do will just not be enough given the state of things - and the mask issue just perfectly exemplified how much cinemas aren't doing their best (or rather how much their business models are holding them back in that).

It sucks but it is what it is...

A good piece also:
I meant like, is the tweeter a real theater manager and not a troll, lol, because the account's name is quite immature ("Coke Nose") and his/her way of speaking doesn't sound like the way that an adult who is in charge of a business would talk, so I was wondering whether he/she really is a theater manager or just a troll.

Ah I see, idk but wouldn't put it past that to be real and not just a troll.

Is Disney’s ‘Mulan’ Moving Off July 24?
While Disney insiders remain optimistic, it would not be a shocker if the studio moves the first big event movie after exhibition’s COVID-19 shutdown off its July 24 date. There’s just too many gloomy signs out there now.

Even though the $200 million Niki Caro-directed movie built up a great degree of awareness in its marketing earlier this year with a Super Bowl trailer drop that yielded over 12m views on social media, recent promotions for the live-action remake of the Disney 1998 musical remain conspicuously absent. Instead, Disney released a trailer for 20th Century Studios’ Sept 18 Matthew Vaughn action pic The King’s Man over the weekend. Huh?
https://deadline.com/2020/06/mulan-rele ... 202969101/

Things are looking bad right now....I'm expecting another delay. I hope I'm wrong.

After reading this thread for the past couple of weeks (thanks for the updates). I've come to the conclusion that they should just delay until next year and call it a day. If it does release this year, then that's cool, I might go see it in a hazmat suit.

But I can just predict that it is going to be mess between a staggered release, COVID cases rising and people being idiots and/or irresponsible. I wanted this film to kill it at the box office :(

Godspeed WB/Nolan.

geozou1 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Things are looking bad right now....I'm expecting another delay. I hope I'm wrong.
Idk, I think they are just going to go ahead without NY and hope for the best. Marketing has already ramped up

They should have given it Dune’s spot.