Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Vader182 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 1:31 pm
That's bad science for a few reasons but I'll share two.

One is quite obvious: these are faulty points of comparison. You can't compare a group of people sitting in a contained space for a long duration to much bigger spaces and people passing through them continuously.

The second point hinges on the fact that in 90% of instances, nobody has any idea how particular groups did or didn't get the virus due to the petri-dish like nature of public spaces. So the scarcity of cut-and-dry instances around AC isn't as meaningful as it seems.

And considering there's thousands of restaurants on the brink of going under but still don't practice covid-19 mitigation protocols correctly, you're very naive if you think every or even most AMC's in the country will implement these practices with equal care.

https://la.eater.com/2020/6/15/21292152 ... -covid-19

-Vader
Lot of people will take off their mask when they get inside the theater. The staff won’t be able to tell who is wearing a mask.

I don’t want Nolan to get blame if am out breaks happens at showing of tenet. Or have anyone died by catching corona.

I also want Nolan’s box office to stay good. I don’t see how Tenet becomes a hit right now

Oku
Vader182 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 1:31 pm
That's bad science for a few reasons but I'll share two.

One is quite obvious: these are faulty points of comparison. You can't compare a group of people sitting in a contained space for a long duration to much bigger spaces and people passing through them continuously.

The second point hinges on the fact that in 90% of instances, nobody has any idea how particular groups did or didn't get the virus due to the petri-dish like nature of public spaces. So the scarcity of cut-and-dry instances around AC isn't as meaningful as it seems.

And considering there's thousands of restaurants on the brink of going under but still don't practice covid-19 mitigation protocols correctly, you're very naive if you think every or even most AMC's in the country will implement these practices with equal care.

https://la.eater.com/2020/6/15/21292152 ... -covid-19

-Vader
Yeah, I tried lol

I'm just hoping and praying for the best, is all :D

AMC Theatres Reopening July 15
AMC has made official their U.S. reopening plans after what will be a four-month shutdown due to COVID-19 with 450 U.S. locations on July 15, roughly 150 remaining locations in time for Disney’s Mulan on July 24 and Warner Bros. Tenet on July 31.

AMC will have open their locations over four internal phases. In phase 1 with 30% seating capacity. At all theatres nationwide in non-recliner auditoriums, AMC will automatically block out every other row of seats for every showtime.
https://deadline.com/2020/06/amc-reopen ... 202963341/

El Especial wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 7:39 pm
AMC has made official their U.S. reopening plans after what will be a four-month shutdown due to COVID-19 with 450 U.S. locations on July 15, roughly 150 remaining locations in time for Disney’s Mulan on July 24 and Warner Bros. Tenet on July 31.

AMC will have open their locations over four internal phases. In phase 1 with 30% seating capacity. At all theatres nationwide in non-recliner auditoriums, AMC will automatically block out every other row of seats for every showtime.
No mask required since AMC doesn’t want to make a political statement

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:27 pm
El Especial wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 7:39 pm

No mask required since AMC doesn’t want to make a political statement
Since when is health political? Ugh stupidity on AMC's behalf. Movie theaters "strongly encouraging" the use of face masks is as useless as movie theaters "strongly encouraging" that you not use your phone during the movie.

AMC are fucking cowards. Blaming this on "politics" is the same company line as a fossil fuel company blaming "politics" when they continue to poison the world.

Worse than the mask rules, though, is the fact AMC plans to reopen at 100% by November for No Time to Die. It's transparent and despicable.

-Vader

It's funny that Regal and Cinemark managed to avoid most of this blowback but AMC handled it so terribly that it's getting severe backlash. And Tenet is catching some collateral damage in the process.

But I welcome the backlash because the safety standards aren't up to snuff and I hope it certainly makes the studios and theaters consider really carefully just how willing audiences are in regards to coming back to theaters.

Vader182 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:00 pm

AMC are fucking cowards. Blaming this on "politics" is the same company line as a fossil fuel company blaming "politics" when they continue to poison the world.

Worse than the mask rules, though, is the fact AMC plans to reopen at 100% by November for No Time to Die. It's transparent and despicable.

-Vader
I am not an american...I have never heard a single good thing about AMC theatres. (Even outside of the current PR and Safety issues being discoursed about).

A Borges man wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:50 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
I am not an american...I have never heard a single good thing about AMC theatres. (Even outside of the current PR and Safety issues being discoursed about).
I loved my AMC back in Orlando. It was always clean. Never had a problem with projections. Dolby Cinema was the best theater in town. And the AMC IMAX in San Fran is great too. Plus A-List was a movie lovers dream.

A Borges man wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:50 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
They play movies. What the fuck else is there to know?