TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
raimibonn wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:17 pm
Listen to the great scores for Hereditary and Midsommar by the phenomenal Haxan Cloak. Most of them are electronic.
I’ve seen both films but don’t remember thinking anything about their scores. Is that a bad sign? I usually remember when I liked a score...

I’ll give them a listen though for sure. Do you have any other recommendations for electronic scores?

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 8:20 pm

I gotta go do my uni exam now, I'll post here if we get anymore pics :lol: :gonf:
Debicki is gorgeous

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:22 pm
raimibonn wrote:
Listen to the great scores for Hereditary and Midsommar by the phenomenal Haxan Cloak. Most of them are electronic.
I’ve seen both films but don’t remember thinking anything about their scores. Is that a bad sign? I usually remember when I liked a score...

I’ll give them a listen though for sure. Do you have any other recommendations for electronic scores?
I think electronic scores are limiting if you intend for orchestra initially. Otherwise, bot really. There's so much you can do without one. I say Chappie and Death Stranding are great examples.

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:22 pm
raimibonn wrote:

I think Good Time may have had an electronic score

speedy117 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:39 pm
I think Good Time may have had an electronic score
I’ll give this one a listen as well (don’t remember thinking anything about it when I watched the film, but that was awhile ago).

What about Uncut Gems? Is that electronic? I really enjoyed that score.

m4st4 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:47 pm
Vader182 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:45 pm
They’re recording musicians in their homes individually and engineering them together. Also, pretty weird to knock electronic elements considering so much of Inception and Dunkirk are electronic. It’s not optimal, but I’ve assumed this for months.

Also: the prologue is very electronic anyway, so this makes sense.

-Vader
That sounds like a heavily compromised vision to me. :(
great artists thrive on limitations

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 12:32 am
m4st4 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:47 pm
Vader182 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:45 pm
They’re recording musicians in their homes individually and engineering them together. Also, pretty weird to knock electronic elements considering so much of Inception and Dunkirk are electronic. It’s not optimal, but I’ve assumed this for months.

Also: the prologue is very electronic anyway, so this makes sense.

-Vader
That sounds like a heavily compromised vision to me. :(
great artists thrive on limitations

-Vader
You're right. I should have more faith in people who are clearly doing everything they can considering the situation. Imagine the logistics of such endeavour.

Hmmm, in countries like Germany, they are still allowing musicians to gather in small groups with social distancing for live, recorded performance. I guess they engaged musicians in countries where this is not allowed. That's unfortunate.

Alright I'm back. Thanks DUNKIRKIE for the good luck :D Here's the transcript of that very blurry page.
"[TENET] is a spy organization that faces a global threat to the world," says Branagh, 59. "A nuclear holocaust is not the greatest disaster that could happen to the human race."Tenet discusses an even worse possibility, and is embroiled in this mind-blowing treatment of time that continues Chris Nolan's obsession in his films from Memento, through Interstellar and Inception" With Tenet, that concern became what the characters in the movie call "inversion," a way to manipulate time so that characters can, for example, "shoot" bullets at a weapon.This latter ability is far more useful than you might think, according to the film's prologue, which was screened in select IMAX rooms prior to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker last December.)

The inversion is inspired by real-life physics and entropy, a measure of disorder and randomness in thermodynamic systems. "This film is not a time travel movie," says Nolan. "It's about time and the different ways time can work. I'm not going to get into a physics lesson, but inversion is this idea of the material that entropy reversed, so it's going back in time, relative with us".

Hey, we thought you said this was not going to be a physics lesson! It is less complicated when Nolan describes his main characters, including that of Washington. "We are dealing with a world of espionage, we are dealing with a world of hidden identities," he says."[John David] is playing an agent known by the term" Protagonist. "Tenet is the name of the organization in which the protagonist is introduced." Given Nolan's love for the 007 movies, it seems that the Washington character is perhaps the closest yet to a black Bond, although the director is quick to point out that the Protagonist is not a clone of Ian Fleming's creation."He is very much at the heart of the film, but, unlike Bond, he has very warm emotional accessibility."

Meanwhile, Pattinson plays someone possibly named Neil. "We think he might be called Neil," says Nolan with a laugh. "You never really know what's going on with these identities."Nolan describes Neil-or whatever he is called- as a "slightly rascally character who operates within what they refer to as this twilight world of operatives in different secret services.
It might not be exact to the magazine since I got this quote by translating Spanish to English lmao. But I tried my best and the general gist is right.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 1:08 am
Alright I'm back. Thanks DUNKIRKIE for the good luck :D Here's the transcript of that very blurry page.
"[TENET] is a spy organization that faces a global threat to the world," says Branagh, 59. "A nuclear holocaust is not the greatest disaster that could happen to the human race."Tenet discusses an even worse possibility, and is embroiled in this mind-blowing treatment of time that continues Chris Nolan's obsession in his films from Memento, through Interstellar and Inception" With Tenet, that concern became what the characters in the movie call "investment," a way to manipulate time so that characters can, for example, "shoot" bullets at a weapon.This latter ability is far more useful than you might think, according to the film's prologue, which was screened in select IMAX rooms prior to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker last December.)

The inversion is inspired by real-life physics and entropy, a measure of disorder and randomness in thermodynamic systems. "This film is not a time travel movie," says Nolan. "It's about time and the different ways time can work. I'm not going to get into a physics lesson, but inversion is this idea of the material that entropy reversed, so it's going back in time, relative with us".

Hey, we thought you said this was not going to be a physics lesson! It is less complicated when Nolan describes his main characters, including that of Washington. "We are dealing with a world of espionage, we are dealing with a world of hidden identities," he says."[John David] is playing an agent known by the term" Protagonist. "Tenet is the name of the organization in which the protagonist is introduced." Given Nolan's love for the 007 movies, it seems that the Washington character is perhaps the closest to a black Bond, although the director quickly points out that the protagonist is not a clone of Ian Fleming's creation."He is very much at the heart of the film, but, unlike Bond, he has very warm emotional accessibility."

Meanwhile, Pattinson plays someone possibly named Neil. "We think he might be called Neil," says Nolan with a laugh. "You never really know what's going on with these identities."Nolan describes Neil-or whatever he is called- as a "slightly rascally character who operates within what they refer to as this twilight world of operatives in different secret services.
It might not be exact to the magazine since I got this quote by translating Spanish to English lmao. But I tried my best and the general gist is right.
This is great stuff @interstellarx you've been a great addition to NolanFans thanks for all the updates and terrific posts.