Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Along with the above procedures, each theatre will sanitize high-contact points on an increased schedule and use floor markers throughout the building to assist with social distancing. Additionally, the following safety measures that cover the entire moviegoing experience will be implemented, providing a safe venue for employees and guests:

REGAL EMPLOYEES
Regal employees will undergo daily health screenings including temperature checks where mandated.
Employees will be required to wash hands at minimum every 30 to 60 minutes, dependent on job role.
Where required by local governance, all employees and guests will wear masks.
THE LOBBY
Greeters will be located in the lobby to assist guests with new procedural changes.
Guests will be encouraged to proceed to their auditorium as soon as possible, and exit the theatre in a timely manner at the conclusion of their movie
Wall mounted sanitizer dispensers will be available on either side of the main entrance.
Arcade games and vending machines will remain closed. Additionally, water fountains will not be available for use.
THE CONCESSION STAND
Every other register will be closed to maintain social distancing.
A reduced menu offering will be temporarily available
Self-service condiment stands will be closed.
Refills on large drinks and popcorn will be suspended.
Locations featuring diners, restaurants and in-theatre ordering will have these services temporarily suspended.
Locations with bars will remain open for walk-up service only.
THE AUDITORIUM
Where required by state or county mandate, auditorium capacities will be reduced to 50%.
Our reservation system will maintain two empty seats between groups (1 seat at recliner locations) to maintain proper social distancing throughout the movie.
At theatres where performances are non-reserved, you will be requested to leave two seats between groups.
Group sizes will only be limited where required by a state or county mandate.
https://www.regmovies.com/static/en/us/ ... s-response

August 7 was considered....

If an out break happens at theater during Tenet. There will be huge backlash and theaters will probably closed

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:12 pm
If an out break happens at theater during Tenet. There will be huge backlash and theaters will probably closed
1) It wouldn't be known for at least two weeks after release anyway, and that's at the very least.

2) So many other things are going to be open at that time, including other films that people will see. There will be no telling where somebody gets something from at that point.

3) Despite being inside in the same place for a long couple of hours, I have a feeling that the mask-wearers in the crowd will be just fine. Theaters are taking quite a few good precautions here.

4) If there's going to be a closure, it'll likely come before this anyway. July 31st is still so long away when it comes to decisions that theaters have to make for things, especially since this virus is about to see protesters test positive very soon.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:22 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:12 pm
1) It wouldn't be known for at least two weeks after release anyway, and that's at the very least.

2) So many other things are going to be open at that time, including other films that people will see. There will be no telling where somebody gets something from at that point.

3) Despite being inside in the same place for a long couple of hours, I have a feeling that the mask-wearers in the crowd will be just fine. Theaters are taking quite a few good precautions here.

4) If there's going to be a closure, it'll likely come before this anyway. July 31st is still so long away when it comes to decisions that theaters have to make for things, especially since this virus is about to see protesters test positive very soon.
Let’s be real. No matter the precautions from many people or the safety measures taken by theaters, the problem is always some human error from irresponsible ones and we have seen recently that a lot aren’t responsible very easily. It’s not about the specifics of the places but who decides to go there. Of course, an error can also come from responsible people but it’s more likely to happen because of the opposite. And also, some places might not complete the necessary requirements at some point even when supervised.

Honestly, movies can wait. Health comes first if you ask me but I understand the position of their business because the situation might be unprecedented for them. But we’ll see what happens.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:42 pm
Honestly, movies can wait. Health comes first if you ask me but I understand the position of their business because the situation might be unprecedented for them. But we’ll see what happens.
See, that's just it. Movies can't wait. They can wait for us, but not for those businesses. There are severely less impacting businesses that are every little of a necessity that have been open and are more prone to being susceptible to the virus. This is a lesser of those evils, and I'm not just saying that because I want to see Tenet.

i like how none of us would trust AMC to change projector bulbs on the time or mask screens correctly but suddenly we’re supposed to trust them with our lives

PS the single biggest issue confronting theaters is AC carrying the virus inside contained space and the only viable solution was masks. To date, I’ve heard zero solutions. So even if AMC practices these precautions perfectly, which they won’t (like, half of restaurants in LA aren’t following guidelines and 25,000 complaints for non compliant covid-19 practices in NYT) they’re not enough. So we’re fucked.

-Vader

Oku
1. You are assuming that they would apply the same level of rigor in staff training before and after, without taking into account the fact that the entire company is on the verge of bankruptcy, and that the existence of their company depends on employees handling this situation well. So I imagine that they are kinda going to be way more disciplined in this matter.

2. I just looked that up and apparently: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... erts-think
[...]

“So far, so-called airborne transmission by some sort of air conditioning unit really has been reported only once and I think is likely to be a very odd event,” said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert from Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Tennessee.

“People have been going to pharmacies and grocery stores and liquor stores and other venues for some time now. We’ve had no reports here in the United States of infection related to a single source that could be attributed to air conditioning,” Schaffner told Healthline.

“What will be important for restaurants is that the wait staff wear masks and attend to good hand hygiene,” Schaffner said. “And that they disinfect surfaces between patrons.”

Dr. Amesh Adalja, FIDSA, a senior scholar of emerging infectious diseases, pandemic preparedness, and biosecurity at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security, agreed with Schaffner’s assessment.

“This is an interesting study, but it doesn’t seem representative of what happens in everyday situations with this virus,” Adalja told Healthline.

“So far, the epidemiology really supports droplet spread and those droplets fall to the ground within 6 feet,” he explained. “There might be extraordinary circumstances where you might see this type of spread, but I don’t think it’s something that represents a major route of transmission.”

“But I do think that as we open restaurants and places where air conditioning is going to be running, they are going to have to think about what their air flow is like,” Adalja added. “They’re likely going to have to modify the way their seating is done to make it less crowded, to encourage social distancing, and hopefully that would eliminate these kinds of things from happening.”

[...]
From cursory skimming, what I am getting (I think) is that what matters most is social distancing and restriction of physical contact, which theaters can hoepfully accomplish much more easily than restaurants.

That's bad science for a few reasons but I'll share two.

One is quite obvious: these are faulty points of comparison. You can't compare a group of people sitting in a contained space for a long duration to much bigger spaces and people passing through them continuously.

The second point hinges on the fact that in 90% of instances, nobody has any idea how particular groups did or didn't get the virus due to the petri-dish like nature of public spaces. So the scarcity of cut-and-dry instances around AC isn't as meaningful as it seems.

And considering there's thousands of restaurants on the brink of going under but still don't practice covid-19 mitigation protocols correctly, you're very naive if you think every or even most AMC's in the country will implement these practices with equal care.

https://la.eater.com/2020/6/15/21292152 ... -covid-19

-Vader

Who said anything about just AMC? We see what Regal has in place, and it's likely other big chains will treat that as the lowest common denominator.

Restaurants are also a largely maskless enterprise for all customers, since they gotta eat. Yes, there will be some people snacking on popcorn in the theater, but it's minimalized in comparison.

Personally, I already know how I'm equipping myself watching Tenet. I'm going to have my mask plus my sweatshirt coming up and over my nose. The only way I'm catching it is if I carry it out with me to my car somehow.