TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 8:56 am
Willem wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 8:34 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 8:12 am
I’m not making fun of it I’m just pointing out something Nolan has talked about
I know you're not making fun of it man, I was just trying to explain how colourblindness works for most people. Don't take it the wrong way!

Also I was aware that he has the condition, but didn't know he had talked about it. Do you have a link for me?
Ah sorry it was a long time ago. I don’t remember exactly, but it could be from this one

Speak of which, this is one of the best interviews of Nolan. I’m still bugged they didn’t release the video online.

Prima facie, Tenet gonna stick with July 29 and take the heat.
Everyone was waiting for final confirmation before going final final with their own release plans, so it was not a surprise at all that there was a delay,” says Richards, noting the original date being discussed for “Tenet” was, in fact, August 7.
“July 31 now feels like a firm day and there are marketing commitments being made. Once that was actually locked down, we saw all the other studios adapt. Before, when you were looking at the period between [July] and Christmas, there were little holes and gaps. Now, we’re seeing movies that have got breathing space right through until Christmas.”

Thanks for the video, @interstellarx!
marshallmurphy wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 9:06 am
There’s more information about the Hamilton watch here:

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/tenet

Also, there’s some kind of scavenger hunt?
Our latest Hollywood partnership – and our biggest one yet – involved extensive collaboration between our design team and the production design team behind Christopher Nolan’s latest film TENET, coming soon to theaters.

Initial conversations revealed that the film required a watch with features that do not currently exist in a commercially available Hamilton watch. Accepting the challenge, we committed to merging creativity with craftsmanship to produce this key movie prop.

This is pretty interesting... Seems like the watch will be important to the plot of the film in some way. The 0 instead of the 12 is remarkable obviously. What significance could it have?

Not sure but I do think that the 0 instead of 12 ties in the timer on the watch face and the Tagline “time runs out”. All of which indicating a time pressure for each task JDW has to do. Therefore, replicating the intensity of Dunkirk.

Also just realised maybe it’s a way to track how much oxygen they have with their masks? Also the pic has water droplets on the watch and we know every country set piece basically has a marine element to it 🤔

I also found this from the YouTube description of the watch ad
each color represents a specific function used by the main characters as they race against time to prevent World War III’

That is one beautiful watch.

At 30 seconds, you can see the raindrops in the background move up (backwards) when the blue hand of the watch is shown and down when the red hand is shown.

speedy117 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:03 am
And holy fuck what has this thread become
Lol - I imagine its a few press people who would rather have screeners using their platform to disparage Nolan and now it's blown up.

People keep failing to realize that under normal circumstances a Nolan film would be in theaters for MONTHS. We are in a completely different ball game now. Studios have a thin release slate - if this movie releases on time I guarantee you it runs through Christmas.

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 9:06 am
There’s more information about the Hamilton watch here:

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/tenet

Also, there’s some kind of scavenger hunt?
Nolans Bond dreams are coming true. They used to/still might release special watches along with all of the Bonds. I remember my brother getting the one from Goldeneye

Robin wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 7:14 am
About the critics situation, why do we care so much? Do people really think RT-scores (or awards for that matter) rule over a film or filmmakers legacy? I'm much more concerned about Tenet's boxoffice than I am reviews. If the film flops that will directly affect his future career opportunities.

And I actually don't mind Nolan being a more controversial figure in mainstream filmmaking. As a fan the only thing he can do to disappoint me (and tarnish his own legacy) is playing it safe and not swing. Failures and even some controversy is bound to happen, and it will only bother the "superhero fans", not a cinéaste.

Any populist filmmaker will get shit as long he is alive (look at how most critics and cinefiles turned on Tony Scott after he died). We all know the takes: "Cameron can't write, Spielberg is sentimental fluff, Tarantino is empty, Nolan is cold, R. Scott only makes long commercials ect.

Got to learn to live with people hating what you love, regardless
Will it really affect his future career opportunities though? I mean yes, Nolan will probably get a lot of hate, but if the film flops, that doesn't mean WB are going to disown him. They are aware that the film will do poorly, but they aren't going to put the blame on Nolan.