The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Doctor Who with Ewan McGregor would be so dope!

I’d be interested in seeing Nolan doing something like The Insider.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 7:56 am
Angus wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm
I bet either Mr. Hughes or 007 happens right after Tenet. It's good timing for both.
007 is boring. It would be just a lame version of Inception and Tenet. I hope it's Mr.Hughes with Tom Hardy in the lead role.

Anyway my wishes:
Would like to see a cyberpunk film. Or a steampunk film.
Or an epic movie about the industrial revolution in England.

But I also wouldn't mind film versions of novels like Neuromancer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromancer) or The Forever War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forever_War)
I wanna the Hughes biopic to happen very much but I don't see Hardy playing this millionaire. Nolan should just cast an American actor. But if it happens, I'm more curious to see who will play Katharine Hepburn and Ava Gardner because you got Cate Blanchett and Kate Beckinsale in Marty's version.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 6:02 am
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
Angus wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm
I bet either Mr. Hughes or 007 happens right after Tenet. It's good timing for both.
007 is boring. It would be just a lame version of Inception and Tenet. I hope it's Mr.Hughes with Tom Hardy in the lead role.

Anyway my wishes:

But I also wouldn't mind film versions of novels like Neuromancer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromancer) or The Forever War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forever_War)
I wanna the Hughes biopic to happen very much but I don't see Hardy playing this millionaire. Nolan should just cast an American actor. But if it happens, I'm more curious to see who will play Katharine Hepburn and Ava Gardner because you got Cate Blanchett and Kate Beckinsale in Marty's version.
I'm definitely holding out for Jim Carrey in the Hughes movie. I think it is such a fascinating pairing. They worked on it together for a while. And since Nolan wanted to focus on older Hughes, now that Carrey is older it would be fascinating.

A Borges man wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 6:49 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 6:02 am
X-MementoMori-X wrote:

Anyway my wishes:

I'm definitely holding out for Jim Carrey in the Hughes movie. I think it is such a fascinating pairing. They worked on it together for a while. And since Nolan wanted to focus on older Hughes, now that Carrey is older it would be fascinating.
Realistically speaking, it will be difficult for Nolan to convince WB to make a Hughes biopic since the Aviator wasn't released THAT long ago.

I hope he makes the Howard Hughes bio. The second half of Hughes life "with the fear of germs and locking himself away in Vegas" was barely touched upon in "The Aviator". I would also really like to see Jim Carrey in that role.

I have no desire to see him make a Bond film. There's nothing really left to do with the character anymore and we've seen so many similar spy films over the years with Mission Impossible series, Bourne, and even Nolan's stuff himself.

radewart wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 10:38 pm
I hope he makes the Howard Hughes bio. The second half of Hughes life "with the fear of germs and locking himself away in Vegas" was barely touched upon in "The Aviator". I would also really like to see Jim Carrey in that role.

I have no desire to see him make a Bond film. There's nothing really left to do with the character anymore and we've seen so many similar spy films over the years with Mission Impossible series, Bourne, and even Nolan's stuff himself.
100% with you. I find the whole Nolan should do Bond thing tiresome. Why do people want this?! He is already making stuff that is influenced by bond, and as anyone who has seen a James bond movie recent can tell, Nolan's work has become the prime influence on Bond movies, usually, they are water down versions of Nolan's films. Hell, I don't think anyone should make any more Bond movies. Those movies have become tiresome. The mission impossible movies have far surpassed them, and they have grown and evolved...the bond movies have become stale.

Spectre is the textbook example of a franchise movie become a collection of superficial signifiers...the movie is nothing but iconography that leads nowhere. This and Star Trek Into Darkness prove that doing a Nolan imitation is not the same thing as a Nolan movie.

I don't know why I typed so much...

I hope he'll one day venture into WWI territory. While it's narrative first, I wouldn't mind it at all if it's not set in the trench warfare.

Realistically speaking, it will be difficult for Nolan to convince WB to make a Hughes biopic since the Aviator wasn't released THAT long ago.
The Aviator was released in 2004, and by the time the next Nolan movie being released, it will be nearly 20 years. (It now usaually takes him 3 years to make another movie) I kinda think this is long enough, no?

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 6:26 am
The Aviator was released in 2004, and by the time the next Nolan movie being released, it will be nearly 20 years. (It now usaually takes him 3 years to make another movie) I kinda think this is long enough, no?
Agreed. Also, didn't Warren Beatty make a Howard Hughes movie like 3 years ago? No one talks about it, most haven't seen it. Also, I find it funny that people want him to do a bond movie, those come out every 3-5 years...but no, the aviator came out 20 years ago, not long enough.