TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 11:53 pm
What a load of shit. I would be fucking PISSED if I was Nolan. So fucking stupid
Oh Christ. Relax

gropercity wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 12:03 am
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
What a load of shit. I would be fucking PISSED if I was Nolan. So fucking stupid
I agree. It's all greed motivated. They're putting Inception out on the 17th but not Tenet. It's clearly not for safety; it's for MONEY. Such a lame move.
well clowns, Hollywood is a business whether you like it or not. Do you think Nolan would've gotten a $200M budget for Tenet if it wasn't for the box office successes of Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk? Do you wanna see more of your beloved Nolan original films?

It's expected Tenet' isn't gonna do extremely well financially, it might not even breakeven. But, they do have to give it the best shot at making some money as it's not only for Nolan's sake, the studio's sake but also for the Industry.

Seriously the IQs of some of yall in this forum 🙄

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 1:40 am
gropercity wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
I agree. It's all greed motivated. They're putting Inception out on the 17th but not Tenet. It's clearly not for safety; it's for MONEY. Such a lame move.
well clowns , Hollywood is a business whether you like it or not. Do you think Nolan would've gotten a $200M budget for Tenet if it wasn't for the box office successes of Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk? Do you wanna see more of your beloved Nolan original films?

It's expected Tenet' isn't gonna do extremely well financially, it might not even breakeven. But, they do have to give it the best shot at making some money as it's not only for Nolan's sake, the studio's sake but also for the Industry.

I don't visit here often for the obvious reasons but - reported.

m4st4 wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 1:46 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 1:40 am
gropercity wrote:

well clowns , Hollywood is a business whether you like it or not. Do you think Nolan would've gotten a $200M budget for Tenet if it wasn't for the box office successes of Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk? Do you wanna see more of your beloved Nolan original films?

I don't visit here often for the obvious reasons but - reported.
sure go ahead, report the person who actually cares about the film's success, is actually providing proper information & insight and runs the Tenetupdates acc unlike a select few 'fans' making incendiary comments.

very mature of you, really.

Calling out people for being clowns with low IQ is on the far end of the mature spectrum, yes. :thumbup:

Can mods hand out a nice little warning for this fella over here, please.

A reminder that the US is not the center of the universe and that there are countries that will re-open cinemas in the upcoming weeks - although some have been showing a variety of older films already. The Inception rerelease seems to be a global event.

Also, what if in addition to the whole LA/NYC thing, they’re buying more time to finish post production?

Tarssauce wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 4:09 am
A reminder that the US is not the center of the universe and that there are countries that will re-open cinemas in the upcoming weeks - although some have been showing a variety of older films already. The Inception rerelease seems to be a global event.

Also, what if in addition to the whole LA/NYC thing, they’re buying more time to finish post production?
Possibly. I mean until we see the MPAA ratings, we don't know for sure if it is finished.

Tarssauce wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 4:09 am

it's a possibility although Nolan in Totalfilm feature insisted Tenet will be ready for the intended July 17 release. And said " we were very fortunate to have a cut of the film, and to have done a sound mix before the lockdown came into place."

Although, like Branagh alludes to, maybe the further editing process is taking longer than expected due to restrictions???? who knows

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 4:24 am
it's a possibility although Nolan in Totalfilm feature insisted Tenet will be ready for the intended July 17 release. And said " we were very fortunate to have a cut of the film, and to have done a sound mix before the lockdown came into place."

Although, like Branagh alludes to, maybe the further editing process is taking longer than expected due to restrictions???? who knows
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 4:18 am
Possibly. I mean until we see the MPAA ratings, we don't know for sure if it is finished.
Yeah, all these reports are slightly confusing. Usually the score and sound mix are finished last after locking the cut so most of the work is probably done.

Tarssauce wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 7:47 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 4:24 am

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 4:18 am
Yeah, all these reports are slightly confusing. Usually the score and sound mix are finished last after locking the cut so most of the work is probably done.
Since Branagh's interview date, 2 months ago would've been just before most countries went into lockdown, at that point Nolan would've had a version of the score and sound mix. Now it's probably just more fine-tuning and calibrating it with editing. Maybe, the runtime is borderline on the IMAX limit so they're working on that 🤷🏻‍♀️