Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Bacon wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:03 pm
speedy117 wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 6:38 pm
What is the point of delaying if they are going to re-release Inception in theaters on July 17?
Because this is not actually coming out July 31st.
I’m starting to think they might release it on VOD. They might need to re release this in theaters next year if and when a bulletproof vaccine is found. They’re grasping in the dark.

Instead on July 17, Warner Bros. Pictures is partnering with exhibitors to invite audiences around the world to the 10thAnniversary re-release of Christopher Nolan’s Inception starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page and Marion Cotillard. That special anniversary theatrical event will also give audiences a never-before-seen look at footage from Tenet. Moviegoers will also receive an exclusive sneak peek of select films on Warner Bros.’ upcoming slate.
https://deadline.com/2020/06/tenet-rele ... 202938871/

William Blake wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:15 pm
I’m starting to think they might release it on VOD.
No way in hell

William Blake wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:15 pm
Bacon wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:03 pm
speedy117 wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 6:38 pm
What is the point of delaying if they are going to re-release Inception in theaters on July 17?
Because this is not actually coming out July 31st.
I’m starting to think they might release it on VOD.
literally the singular sentence needed to have this entire place on suicide watch

These are unprecedented times and we need to brace ourselves for this happening. I’m the biggest Nolan and Emma Thomas fan, I hate streaming movies- but this might happen in some fashion or another. If they think they can make more money from it, that’ll settle it.

By July 31st the NBA and major league baseball would have started their seasons which would give WB additional sponsorship opportunities.

At this point I’m sure Nolan would rather leave it in a can until theaters are open again. Or he’ll release it on Fortnite and calls it a day.

AMC be damned. TENET 2021.

El Especial wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:29 pm
By July 31st the NBA and major league baseball would have started their seasons which would give WB additional sponsorship opportunities.
MLB ain't coming back this year, but I know what you mean.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:40 pm
El Especial wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:29 pm
MLB ain't coming back this year, but I know what you mean.
Negotiations are a mess right now.
This is a little bit of a nudge, nothing alarmingly dramatic. A $200M production like Tenet, which don’t boast the starry cast that Inception did needs the world to make bank and enough runway to promote. We heard that if Manhattan is closed, and the other boroughs are not, Tenet can still proceed. The other upside to Tenet‘s move is that major sports might be back by mid-July, but there aren’t any hard dates. MLB and the players’ union remains stuck, not over safety issues, but prorated pay. NHL training camps begin July 10. NBA owners have voted, but are waiting for players to sign off on a July 31 restart of the season. UFC, WWE, NASCAR and pro-golf are already back.
https://deadline.com/2020/06/tenet-rele ... 202938871/
Last edited by Ruth on June 12th, 2020, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post

can you guys stop double posting? i promise you it’s not that hard