Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Flutterby wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 11:22 pm
anarchy wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 3:03 pm
Flutterby wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:21 am
Japan has the release date for September 18th...

I'm crossing fingers for the travel restrictions to lift a bit and I'll either do:

Miramax IMAX of Taipei
Hong Kong iSquare Emperor
Beijing UME&IMAX

There are still 14 days of compulsory quarantine if you land in these countries tho, so now it's a question of wait and see.
Don’t do HK or Beijing. AFAIK those are 1.9:1 (Hong Kong I know for sure). Taipei is 1.43.
Do you advise somewhere in particular? What about Shanghai?

No way I'm watching it in September.
I’m not familiar with the theaters in Mainland China but I’m rather sure most of the IMAXes there are 1.9:1, because IMAX is fairly new there. The Miramar IMAX in Taipei is 1.43 and still has the equipment to do 70mm I believe. The aspect ratio matters more anyway. Not familiar with IMAXes in South Korea though, maybe there’s 1.43 there.

I want to see this in the full 1.43 aspect ratio so bad. I've never seen a movie like this. Is it the most incredible experience?

I've looked at some film cells that came with the Blu-ray of Interstellar online, and the IMAX shots are breathtaking in that aspect ratio (unfortunately I got a 35 mm frame with my Blu-ray :cry: ).

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 8:22 pm
I want to see this in the full 1.43 aspect ratio so bad. I've never seen a movie like this. Is it the most incredible experience?

I've looked at some film cells that came with the Blu-ray of Interstellar online, and the IMAX shots are breathtaking in that aspect ratio (unfortunately I got a 35 mm frame with my Blu-ray :cry: ).
aww yeesh i also got a 35mm scene in my film print hehe, at least i got i good shot of murph analyzing brand`s equation, its a shame they didnt do it with Dunkirk and i wish they would do it again with Tenet.

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 8:22 pm

Yes. Seeing a movie shot in IMAX projected in IMAX 70mm is the ultimate experience.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:15 pm
aww yeesh i also got a 35mm scene in my film print hehe, at least i got i good shot of murph analyzing brand`s equation, its a shame they didnt do it with Dunkirk and i wish they would do it again with Tenet.
My 35mm shot was actually pretty cool too. I got Cooper trying to comfort Murph before he leaves. Really hoping they do this with Tenet, and maybe we will both get a shot from a 70mm scene this time!

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 1:07 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:15 pm
My 35mm shot was actually pretty cool too. I got Cooper trying to comfort Murph before he leaves. Really hoping they do this with Tenet, and maybe we will both get a shot from a 70mm scene this time!
to dream is for free mate, we can dream haha.

Aaah, the sweet Interstellar blu-ray hunting times. I remember buying loads of BDs just to get some nice 70mm film cells. Thats a really good way to promote the IMAX format!

I got a 35mm shot of Lithgow and a dark IMAX one of Brand or Cooper opening a door during the detach scene. Wish I got bright colorful IMAX ones.

Oku
Why the hell didn't they do that again for Dunkirk? I imagine that it boosted Interstellar media sales by a boatload, and could have done the same for Dunkirk.

If they had, I wonder which frame would have went the most for on eBay, maybe:
tier 1: burning Spitfire
tier 2: any shots with Spitfire in the frame
tier 3: ...I can't think of anymore lol none jump immediately into my mind like Gargantua, the Tesseract, etc.

Oku wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 1:09 pm
Why the hell didn't they do that again for Dunkirk? I imagine that it boosted Interstellar media sales by a boatload, and could have done the same for Dunkirk.

If they had, I wonder which frame would have went the most for on eBay, maybe:
tier 1: burning Spitfire
tier 2: any shots with Spitfire in the frame
tier 3: ...I can't think of anymore lol none jump immediately into my mind like Gargantua, the Tesseract, etc.
This is why i miss this stuff, imagine getting the shot of farrier in front oh his burning spitfire, and what we could get for Tenet, isnt there a way to petition it to Warner ?? i really want it to happen.