Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I’ve heard a report that Irvine Spectrum does indeed have single laser and limited to 1.90:1, but Tenet will likely play in 70mm. I’m thinking Irvine Spectrum got ahold of a 70mm print of the prologue at some point, and that’s why it appeared to fill to 1.43:1.

Nicewatch wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 2:06 am
I’ve heard a report that Irvine Spectrum does indeed have single laser and limited to 1.90:1, but Tenet will likely play in 70mm. I’m thinking Irvine Spectrum got ahold of a 70mm print of the prologue at some point, and that’s why it appeared to fill to 1.43:1.
I'll be there!

Flutterby wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:21 am
Japan has the release date for September 18th...

I'm crossing fingers for the travel restrictions to lift a bit and I'll either do:

Miramax IMAX of Taipei
Hong Kong iSquare Emperor
Beijing UME&IMAX

There are still 14 days of compulsory quarantine if you land in these countries tho, so now it's a question of wait and see.
Don’t do HK or Beijing. AFAIK those are 1.9:1 (Hong Kong I know for sure). Taipei is 1.43.

El Especial wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Nicewatch wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 2:06 am
I'll be there!
If this is true then I will be there as well!

anarchy wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 3:03 pm
Flutterby wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:21 am
Japan has the release date for September 18th...

I'm crossing fingers for the travel restrictions to lift a bit and I'll either do:

Miramax IMAX of Taipei
Hong Kong iSquare Emperor
Beijing UME&IMAX

There are still 14 days of compulsory quarantine if you land in these countries tho, so now it's a question of wait and see.
Don’t do HK or Beijing. AFAIK those are 1.9:1 (Hong Kong I know for sure). Taipei is 1.43.
Do you advise somewhere in particular? What about Shanghai?

No way I'm watching it in September.

I've never been to an IMAX theater due to my agoraphobia, it's the first time I'm really thinking about giving it a try. Some years ago I had anxiety even in cinemas with smaller screens, but somehow I was able to overcome it, I remember watching Interstellar in a room with a regular sized screen and it was a terrible experience thanks to this shit, but it didn't stop me to watch it 3 more times. :D

So if I'll have a chance, I try our not that big IMAX here, in Budapest with some random stuff and if I'll be OK, I'm definitely watching Tenet there.

Here in the Philippines, I would either be watching it at:
-IMAX Theater @ SM Megamall
or
-IMAX Theater @ SM Mall of Asia

:)

Change of plans. I will be in San Antonio from July 10-19, so I will probably catch Tenet at AMC Rivercenter IMAX. Let’s hope they get a 1570 print!
:gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

Nicewatch wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:54 pm
Change of plans. I will be in San Antonio from July 10-19, so I will probably catch Tenet at AMC Rivercenter IMAX. Let’s hope they get a 1570 print!
I wish I stayed closer to the states that are guaranteed to have reopened by July 17.

Nicewatch wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:54 pm
Fingers crossed! This is where I will go for IMAX as well if everything works out. Don't know if I'll make it there opening weekend though.