Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 10:21 am
Ace wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 10:09 am

Describing Tenet, Robert Pattinson makes the analogy of a plate-spinner. “There’s a point where you’re like, it’s kind of cool, and it becomes so insane that it’s almost frightening,” he laughs. “I sound like such a moron talking about this stuff. Because on top of the, uh – how would I even say this? Quite advanced theoretical physics; I think I’m allowed to say that – it’s just got a billion different ways to read it.” He gasps, breathless. “It’s so complicated; if it wasn’t Chris Nolan doing it, you’d be like, ‘This is an impossible movie.’”
I love Nolan’s work. I believe in his creative and imaginative mind but I hope they aren’t over exaggerating what they think of the film for marketing purposes because it can be give people too many high expectations.
I think the cast of Interstellar was very porud of the film, and they also announced it as one of the greatest film ever made, and in the end...it was.

Has Nolan ever failed one hype? The answer is no.

Ace wrote:

Describing Tenet, Robert Pattinson makes the analogy of a plate-spinner. “There’s a point where you’re like, it’s kind of cool, and it becomes so insane that it’s almost frightening,” he laughs. “I sound like such a moron talking about this stuff. Because on top of the, uh – how would I even say this? Quite advanced theoretical physics; I think I’m allowed to say that – it’s just got a billion different ways to read it.” He gasps, breathless. “It’s so complicated; if it wasn’t Chris Nolan doing it, you’d be like, ‘This is an impossible movie.’”
I love Nolan’s work. I believe in his creative and imaginative mind but I hope they aren’t over exaggerating what they think of the film for marketing purposes because it can be give people too many high expectations.
Yea there's part of me thinks that Tenet won't be as amazing as I expected it to be plot and emotion-wise, but I am sure the action sequences will be fantastic.

I expected Interstellar to be fantastic but I was disappointed as it turned out to be only a decent sci-fi with incredible scale, and probably too lengthy with script issues.

I walked in the theaters for Dunkirk with no expectations because for the first half of 2017, I was in a country where Dunkirk wasn't marketed much. It got good reviews from critics but realistically speaking, the movie bored me to tears and I couldn't hear the (few) words uttered clearly.

Ace wrote:

Oh man!

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:55 pm
Ace wrote:

Yea there's part of me thinks that Tenet won't be as amazing as I expected it to be plot and emotion-wise, but I am sure the action sequences will be fantastic.

I expected Interstellar to be fantastic but I was disappointed as it turned out to be only a decent sci-fi with incredible scale, and probably too lengthy with script issues.

I walked in the theaters for Dunkirk with no expectations because for the first half of 2017, I was in a country where Dunkirk wasn't marketed much. It got good reviews from critics but realistically speaking, the movie bored me to tears and I couldn't hear the (few) words uttered clearly.
Even though I don’t agree with you for the most part, some people do have a problem with things being hyped. I don’t know why but it happens. I have had friends that later on told me the issue they had with a film was because somebody overhyped it too much for them, so they seem to not like that which is very odd.

I've gone from hating Pattinson to loving him in a very short period of time.

Demoph wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:41 pm
Ace wrote:

I think the cast of Interstellar was very porud of the film, and they also announced it as one of the greatest film ever made, and in the end...it was.
I love interstellar. I don’t have a problem with things being overhyped but some people do which is weird because they should check the film’s quality by itself and not whether or not it was hyped. But people and their weird way of thinking.

May 27th, 2020, 2:19 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Even though I don’t agree with you for the most part, some people do have a problem with things being hyped. I don’t know why but it happens. I have had friends that later on told me the issue they had with a film was because somebody overhyped it too much for them, so they seem to not like that which is very odd.
Yea but to be honest, I dont think the hype for Tenet is as huge as people who browse the forum think it might be.

It's lockdown for most of the world now and people are not looking to see the movies anytime soon.

But if Tenet is indeed coming out in July (or even early August) as the first blockbuster post-lockdown, I do think that it will make a lot of money even if the movie aint as good we think it might be.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Has Nolan ever failed one hype? The answer is no.
He certainly hasn’t disappointed me yet. Hope it’ll be the same way or better with Tenet.

May 27th, 2020, 2:26 pm
Demoph wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:41 pm
I love interstellar. I don’t have a problem with things being overhyped but some people do which is weird because they should check the film’s quality by itself and not whether or not it was hyped. But people and their weird way of thinking.
People were disappointed with Interstellar because they watched the Dark Knight and Inception and expected it to be as good as these two films.

It's hard to compare different genres but Interstellar would be consider a less entertaining film compared to those 2 movies by a pretty clear margin for most people.