[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Uno
CakeLessEgg wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Oku wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:04 pm
EXPLAIN
new still shows JDW in the same military gear. The theory is - JDW is fighting with a version of himself in military gear!
It's not the same gear. The gear in the new still looks way bulkier than the one shown in the fight sequence.

I just saw in one of the new stills that Ken Branagh is holding some gold. Im sure I remember someone on instagram got into trouble for posting pics of gold from the set who was working as an extra on the film. Just wondering how significant gold is to the plot?

NEW THEORY of the plot of TENET:

1) Concert hall scene in the prologue - JDW is saved or saved himself in a way that is not shown in the trailer.

2) JDW confides to Pattinson about what he saw about the reversed bullet and they plan to investigate.

3) Their investigation lead to them discovering that there is bad russian guy Branagh, who seem to be able to communicate with the future. Their adventure including protecting Debicki and stopping Branagh. I think the air crash scene in this act of the movie

4) This lead to the car chase where they are seemingly trying to protect Debicki from Branagh. They lose the fight with Branagh because he has the time inversion technology.

5) Pattinson die in the car fight. JDW makes it further to the chase to the harbor and he gets caught eventually. He gets tortured by Branagh man but he refuses to divulge any intel and secrets he has gathered about him.

6) It turns out that this is all a test for JDW to perform the epic mission of saving humanity from a time inversion singularity that will wipe out the universe. Debicki is actually working for Branagh and was part of the recruitment team. We see them dispaly their love like in the first trailer scene.

7) We go to the Donovan 'Welcome to the afterlife' and Poesy 'shooting gallery' scene where JDW is trained like a time inversion agent.

8) He is tasked to go backwards in time to perform certain key tasks to save the world.

9) Midway through, he realized he is actually performing dirty work to get rid of competitors for Branagh. He tries to invert himself in the direction of time, and through some sci-fi trope, he saw a peek of the future where it is literally a twilight world where most of humanity are wiped out.

10) He tries to go back reverse in time again to the concert hall scene to prevent the same events from happening.

11) He realizes that the events can't be changed. The different possible histories all lead to the same future. The movie ends and Nolan fans like me spend months debating the ambiguities of the ending.

Uno wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:46 pm
CakeLessEgg wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Oku wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:04 pm
EXPLAIN
new still shows JDW in the same military gear. The theory is - JDW is fighting with a version of himself in military gear!
It's not the same gear. The gear in the new still looks way bulkier than the one shown in the fight sequence.
The new still shows his false swat/kopa uniform. It's very hard to see the details in the prologue, but for example his CB radio is at the same position. So yeah, this didn't confirm anything.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:06 pm
10) He tries to go back reverse in time again to the concert hall scene to prevent the same events from happening.

11) He realizes that the events can't be changed. The different possible histories all lead to the same future.
I would LOVE this movie to have this kind of ending, with JDW realizing everyone's choices and actions can't be undone.

Please Nolan give us for the first time an ambiguous AND tragic ending.

Flutterby wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:55 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:

11) He realizes that the events can't be changed. The different possible histories all lead to the same future.
I would LOVE this movie to have this kind of ending, with JDW realizing everyone's choices and actions can't be undone.

uh i dont know, im all for darkness and consequences, but id rather have a positive ending with a heavy toll on the main characters or humanity, i think Dunkirk has the best of nolan endings, absolutely sublime and grandiose, but bittersweet and tragic.

Flutterby wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

Another epic ending I can foresee: JDW passes the ultimate test in the ending, i.e. being the next human who manage to adapt to time inversion and he gets transported to another world of a more advanced race which are accustomed to forward and backward time propagation. This is the scene whereby the machine opens with JDW wearing a gas mask, looking at the alien-like world. This is a tribute to 2001: Space Odyssey which is Nolan's favourite film.

Fans like me will probably write hate mail to Nolan on a daily basis if this is true though.

Flutterby wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

Interstellar 2.

CASE wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:34 am
Flutterby wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

Interstellar 2.
I've said it a hundred times, Interstellar's ending is not tragic lol. Dude should be dead and rangers magically find him 5 minutes before he'd pass away.

Flutterby wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 6:15 am
CASE wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:34 am
Flutterby wrote:

Interstellar 2.
I've said it a hundred times, Interstellar's ending is not tragic lol. Dude should be dead and rangers magically find him 5 minutes before he'd pass away.
You do see what i've bolded, right? That part was my point.