Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 8:22 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 7:29 pm
Well that infographic leaves out IMAX with Laser (which wasn't a thing for Interstellar)

IMAX with Laser
IMAX Xenon
Standard 2k/4k
Does IMAX 70mm and IMAX Laser have the same aspect ratio?
In most cases yes.

There are some dual 4k laser pjs that aren't (i.e., TCL Chinese Theater) and there is also a new single 4k laser pj that is replacing many of the older 2k xenon pjs. Typically that will be replacing the much weaker xenon system as opposed to 15/70 systems.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 7:04 pm
Back when there were still very skilled projectionists, I adored 70mm. TDK and TDKR were great on 70mm.

My viewings of Interstellar and the 10th anny of TDK were exhibited very poorly. Prints weren't taking care of, dust was constantly in the gate, etc.

Dunkirk on Dual Laser was near godly. A pristine presentation of 70mm is superior, but Laser would probably beat 9/10 presentations. Plus Laser has the better sound system.
dunno

i’ve only seen two laser presentations - one was First Man and the other MI: Fallout - it’s clearly superior to Xenon, but honestly i missed the flicker, imperfections, and crazy sharp projection of 15/70. also, i’ve definitely gotten lucky - i know people have IMAX film horror stories, but luckily i don’t. a piece of dirt on Mark Rylance’s face for maybe 5 seconds during Dunkirk lol

Certainly seems a bit unfair to judge it based off two movies that don't take advantage of the format — especially one shot on 16mm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nicewatch wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 7:40 pm
CapMo wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 5:29 pm
Question for those who live in the Orange County, CA area...
My plan is to watch Tenet in 70mm IMAX @ the Regal in Irvine Spectrum.
However, after doing some research, is it true that Regal removed the 70mm IMAX projector?
I know there was a major renovation to the theater (I went to a screening of SW: TROS; really to watch the Prologue) and it looked pretty incomplete. I'm not sure if they finished or not. You know, COVID happened...
Then I found this link: https://www.change.org/p/help-save-the- ... e-spectrum
So... yeah. :(
Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

If so... *sigh* ... well, at least I got to witness "Dunkirk" in glorious 70mm IMAX.
Regal Irvine Spectrum definitely renovated and installed laser, most likely single laser that is limited to 1.90:1. :judge:

Unless... do you remember the Tenet prologue filling the entire screen?
I remember seeing it filling the entire screen. Is there any news online of the theater installing a dual laser system?

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 9:23 pm
Certainly seems a bit unfair to judge it based off two movies that don't take advantage of the format — especially one shot on 16mm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
First Man’s last sequence is 1.43 :p

Nicewatch wrote:
CapMo wrote:
However, after doing some research, is it true that Regal removed the 70mm IMAX projector?
I know there was a major renovation to the theater (I went to a screening of SW: TROS; really to watch the Prologue) and it looked pretty incomplete. I'm not sure if they finished or not. You know, COVID happened...

If so... *sigh* ... well, at least I got to witness "Dunkirk" in glorious 70mm IMAX.
Regal Irvine Spectrum definitely renovated and installed laser, most likely single laser that is limited to 1.90:1. :judge:

Almost certain it filled the screen.

CapMo wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 12:05 am
Nicewatch wrote:
CapMo wrote:

...from top to bottom?

VIP_agent wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 9:36 pm
Nicewatch wrote:
CapMo wrote:

I remember seeing it filling the entire screen. Is there any news online of the theater installing a dual laser system?
Opry Mills and Mall of Georgia got single laser, we assumed Regal would be doing the same everywhere else. Except King of Prussia has reportedly gotten dual. Early reports from Thursday night screenings of RoS and the prologue said it did not fill the screen, so single laser was assumed.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:24 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 9:23 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
First Man’s last sequence is 1.43 :p
Ah yes, I practically forgot. I don't think that scene necessarily shows off the medium particularly well. Aside from the large aspect ratio and the increase in clarity, and perhaps contrast too, it felt kinda pointless to me. That could've been shot on a RED camera and achieved a similar effect imo.

I'm being nitpicky.

Dunkirk on IMAX with Laser really was one of my all time favorite IMAX experiences, and if the Metreon doesn't run 1570 I won't be sad.

Nicewatch wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 2:12 am
CapMo wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 12:05 am
Nicewatch wrote:

...from top to bottom?
From top to bottom, yes.