Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Is it me or does Robert Pattinson have an American accent AND a British accent in the trailer??
This could be a massive clue

El Especial wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 7:58 pm
Is it me or does Robert Pattinson have an American accent AND a British accent in the trailer??
This could be a massive clue
I can't tell but his accent definitely sounded a little weird.

I'm now positive he does. British when he says "I've seen too much" and the whole "a little dramatic" scene.

But American when he says "we need to save them here and now"

Could it be that
we are watching two versions of JDW and Pattinson attempting to catch Kenneth Branagh

El Especial wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 8:39 pm
I'm now positive he does. British when he says "I've seen too much" and the whole "a little dramatic" scene.

Could it be that
we are watching two versions of JDW and Pattinson attempting to catch Kenneth Branagh
Yea sure, that's the only conclusion. :lol:

El Especial wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Could it be that

He also has an American accent when he says "Why'd you bring me in?". So one version is a flamboyant fancily dressed Englishman and the other is a badass American dressed in army fatigues.. I'm thinking they represent Chris and Jonathan Nolan.

With how much they chop stuff up for trailers, those particular takes, or even the line, may not even be in the final cut.

After listening repeatedly, I notice "We need to save them here and now" doesn't sound like a fluid line reading, it sounds like the editor chopped up different sentences

It sounds like there are possibly cuts between:

"We need"
"to save 'em"
"here and now"

Also, "now" is the only word that we see Pattinson say on screen. Who knows if it's even him saying that line lol.

Here's that line isolated from all the other audio:

https://streamable.com/lin9y6

I knew I wasn't the only one, found this on Reddit
We are watching two versions of JW & RP trying to catch the Russian. That’s why RP has an American accent and a British accent; different men in different times. JW & RP are hired by Dusk to stop a Russian who they are told is building a literal time bomb

A Borges man wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 5:55 pm
quervo wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 4:34 pm

It's really haunting and has to have much significance as it has been shown in all three trailers.
I think that setpiece is going to be the climax of the film, they keep teasing it, its the largest set of the film, and i believe it ties into that quote from kenneth branagh, about this giant set with 600 machines, and from some descriptions we think its some sort of military complex.
I'm thinkin':
Look at Inception, Interstellar, Dark Knight Rises, and even Dunkirk. There is always a section or area (quite literally) in these movies where the characters are trapped in a "liminal space". In Inception its the bottom/last layer, in Interstellar it's the book tesseract, in Dark Knight Rises it is the prison pit, and in Dunkirk it's after the boys are sent back to the beach and we have them sleeping on the beach and we get the other soldiers trying to use the row boat, the soldier committing suicide and the royal marines. Each of these places can be viewed as space and time stopping, or being refracted, stalling out. And they each have extreme metaphorical significance to the movie, but also, are the movies main conceit or concept at its most concentrated. So, I'm thinking the eagle mountain set is probably a city, or place where inversion has occurred, and the whole place or area is some how inverted in time....just a thought...
I absolutely love this thematic argument.

Robert is pretty good with accents, so I doubt he'll make such a mistake by confusing his accents especially with Nolan direction and putting some english accent. I mean he's British and he puts on a New York local accent perfectly years ago so I don't see him fucking up this

But the thing is, if yall are right this would make it very obvious, especially towards US and British audiences. Idk

Not denying that he developed in a great actor since Twilight (Lighthouse, Rover, High Life, Lost City of Z), but he did slip occasionally with his French accent while playing The Dauphin in The King.

2:08 among other times in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6l6hbpc8NE