[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Flutterby wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 11:41 pm
enfitt wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:22 pm
Hey guys look at this. I think that the STONE is not just a random object to aim on.
TENET filming also took place in Ravello, Italy (Salerno) to be exact Amalfi Coast (the shots that we saw on the trailer.) I think that they are going there to take something important, not just by accident. And I think that in the sea maybe there is some object that they need to find (just speculations).

Seeing the big Stone and those shapes it has made me think, and to be honest those shapes look just like the Italy map to me, and exactly the whole Naples(Salerno) shore, so i think that the scenes that will take place there may be related to this stone, or maybe this stone will be the reason that they will go there.

Look at some pictures that i made as an example:
The stone with the map overlay: https://ibb.co/9qDRvDd
The map with the shape of the stone overlay: https://ibb.co/vqS66LB
What do you think?
I don't know if you're the same dude spamming that lol, I've seen that thing at least 4 times already. :lol:

The stone is just a stone, nothing to see there.
This is the first time i am saying this, so no, the other 3 times must have been some other dude :lol:

"The need for this film [is] to live on in the audience’s mind, and suggest possibilities in the audience’s mind." - Christopher Nolan
Nolan knows the need for this film in the Covid world we live in. So, my take on the ending is that it's gonna be a hope-filled one. Not necesarilly happy, but suggesting a glad future for mankind.

Oku
Wait, so the question that I asked here has a chance of being true?: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=41966&view=unread#p1230663

rotas wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:00 pm
Oku wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 11:48 am
OK so this is the only spoiler thread that I could find so I'll ask here.

There's 100% no time travel, right?

So there's zero chance that
the SWAT guy that Mr. Washington's character is fighting in the hallway/building/glass-room/etc. is him from the future, right?
not the right forum.

but to answer your question. I don't know. i don't think there is any time travel, as it was stated in the trailer and by Pattinson in an interview.
I think we're in the right thread now.

And sorry about the non-reply, my notification bar has been overflowing for months, so I stopped checking it and now I never know when I get replies to my posts unless I accidentally discover them lol

No time travel in the sense that it's not the standard 'teleport to the past, then move forward normally in time', but that doesn't rule out
'move backwards/inversed but nonetheless stay separate from your past self', which would allow two of him to exist
, no?

This guy has figured it out. Very much worth a watch, the airplane crash theory is exceptional.

Oku
Pretty good

Usually not a fan of "XYZ EXPLAINED" videos, but that one held my three-second attention span until the end :D

Very interesting he pointed out the little drawing of the demon on the white board.

Now we're 99% sure this inversion thingy will have to do with entropy.

Flutterby wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 2:18 am
Very interesting he pointed out the little drawing of the demon on the white board.

Now we're 99% sure this inversion thingy will have to do with entropy.
As someone who has taken several undergraduate level (and even graduate classes) with thermodynamics, I suggest you don't expect the science of thermodynamics (entropy) to be related to time inversion as shown in the trailers.

The equations above the Maxwell's demon diagram are called Maxwell relations and but symmetry of forces is certainly an important aspect of thermodynamics.

I don't expect Nolan to directly use much scientific terms like entropy/Maxwell's relations in this movie.

One of new still released today validated a popular fan theory of this thread.

Oku
EXPLAIN

Oku wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:04 pm
EXPLAIN
new still shows JDW in the same military gear. The theory is - JDW is fighting with a version of himself in military gear!