Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:54 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:11 am
I'll be at Navy Pier for sure and I will take the drive down to Indianapolis to see the movie on the super big IMAX there.

Like Dunkirk, most of my shows will probably be at the Music Box in 70mm
There’s a super big IMAX there? I live in St. Louis so I might have to do that as well
Have you been to Branson's IMAX? That's one IMAX theater in midwest that is been on my bucket list. Although they got rid of their 70mm projector, but I hear good things about their Laser projector

KEM
SINCEPTION wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 3:19 pm
KEM wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:54 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:11 am
I'll be at Navy Pier for sure and I will take the drive down to Indianapolis to see the movie on the super big IMAX there.

Like Dunkirk, most of my shows will probably be at the Music Box in 70mm
There’s a super big IMAX there? I live in St. Louis so I might have to do that as well
Have you been to Branson's IMAX? That's one IMAX theater in midwest that is been on my bucket list. Although they got rid of their 70mm projector, but I hear good things about their Laser projector
I’ve remember hearing about it when I was researching the best IMAX theaters, I haven’t been to Branson since I was a little kid, guess it’s time to go back

Ordinarily, I would go to Regal Pointe Orlando, a legit full size IMAX screen. But they have careless management who let their IMAX 70mm projector fall into disrepair and refused to fix it. In their simple little minds, their 2K Xneon system that can only go to 1.90:1 is just as good and it’s absolutely impossible to tell any difference. :judge: However, it’s definitely the best thing we have anywhere in the area.

However, I have a friend who’s driving 200 miles to Autonation IMAX in Ft. Lauderdale with their dual laser system that can fricking actually fill the screen. He said he’s willing to drive me, so we’ll see!
:gonf: :gonf:

(For the record, I started a petition to do something about the Pointe Orlando situation. I started it pre-COVID, but it’s still worth a shot. Give it a sign if you wanna.)
http://chng.it/L9PNNKcw

These are the IMAX theaters closest to me and how wikipedia identifies their projection:

Baltimore – Maryland Science Center (15/70)
Washington, D.C. – Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater, National Air and Space Museum (IMAX GT Laser, 1.43:1)
Philadelphia – IMAX Dome, Franklin Institute Science Museum (15/70, 2D)
Chantilly – Airbus IMAX Theater, Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (IMAX GT Laser, 1.43:1)
McLean - AMC Tysons Corner 16 (Laser, 1.90:1)

I've been to the theater in Baltimore to see Dunkirk, and I was not impressed with the projection there. However, does anyone have suggestions/preferences amongst these or any others that might be in this general area?

BrandX wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:51 pm
These are the IMAX theaters closest to me and how wikipedia identifies their projection:

Baltimore – Maryland Science Center (15/70)
Washington, D.C. – Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater, National Air and Space Museum (IMAX GT Laser, 1.43:1)
Philadelphia – IMAX Dome, Franklin Institute Science Museum (15/70, 2D)
Chantilly – Airbus IMAX Theater, Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (IMAX GT Laser, 1.43:1)
McLean - AMC Tysons Corner 16 (Laser, 1.90:1)

I've been to the theater in Baltimore to see Dunkirk, and I was not impressed with the projection there. However, does anyone have suggestions/preferences amongst these or any others that might be in this general area?
Definitely either D.C. or Chantilly. They will be able to project the entire IMAX picture on those massive screens, and the majority of Tenet is likely shot in IMAX, so that will be important. Philadelphia is a maybe, if they show it on 15/70. However, the dome is known to distort and warp the picture if the presentation was not shot to be played on a dome.

EDIT: LFExaminer.com indicates that Baltimore no longer has 1570, you probably saw Dunkirk on standard 2K digital that doesn’t fill the screen, and that’s probably why you weren’t impressed.

Has anyone ever been to the AMC Rivercenter 11 in downtown San Antonio who can confirm that they do indeed show 15/70mm there? This would only be like a 30 minute drive for me, however I've never been before. I looked on the website @Nicewatch mentioned in his/her post, and it's listed as 15/70+D.

I once watched Dunkirk 70mm at the Seattle Cinerama. Holy shit it's better than the Pacific Science Center IMAX.

For Tenet I guess Metreon in SF is the one I really want to go.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:33 pm
Has anyone ever been to the AMC Rivercenter 11 in downtown San Antonio who can confirm that they do indeed show 15/70mm there? This would only be like a 30 minute drive for me, however I've never been before. I looked on the website @Nicewatch mentioned in his/her post, and it's listed as 15/70+D.
Check out https://lfexaminer.com/theaters/. It shows every IMAXs along with the information you needed (15/70, digital, laser, etc, and also screen size).

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:33 pm
(San Antonio is my birthplace, shoutout!) AMC Rivercenter was not listed as a 70mm location for Dunkirk. But one in Dallas and one in Ft. Worth was. Bullock Texas State History Museum in Austin played Dunkirk in full screen IMAX laser, which is comparable to 70mm. Austin would likely be your best bet for Tenet.

Nicewatch wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:52 pm
(San Antonio is my birthplace, shoutout!) AMC Rivercenter was not listed as a 70mm location for Dunkirk. But one in Dallas and one in Ft. Worth was. Bullock Texas State History Museum in Austin played Dunkirk in full screen IMAX laser, which is comparable to 70mm. Austin would likely be your best bet for Tenet.
Go Texas!!

Unfortunately driving probably won't be an option for me. I wonder why AMC Rivercenter didn't show Dunkirk. I know they've shown Interstellar a few times since it was first released, though maybe it wasn't in 70mm.

I think I may have gone to Bullock Texas State History Museum on a field trip as a kid. Think we watched some documentary on IMAX, though I can't be sure since that was years and years ago. :lol: