TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Does anyone know where I can find what JDW, Branagh and Emma Thomas said about the film recently? I seem to have lost it.

JDW:

Emma:

Branagh:

Forum Pro
Something that’s isn’t getting a lot of the attention from JDW’s interview on Fortnite is that JDW said something about going to alien worlds and different planets if I heard him correctly.

Joshua Strong wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:11 pm
Something that’s isn’t getting a lot of the attention from JDW’s interview on Fortnite is that JDW said something about going to alien worlds and different planets if I heard him correctly.
I think he's talking about something like Eagle Mountain. I also find it interesting that he mentioned Copenhagen when they shot outside Rødbyhavn in Denmark (far south in DK).

quervo wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:32 pm
I can imagine the following situation.
-So this is how black holes work, Chris.
-Thanks, Kip, I think I understand it now. Bye.
-Can I wait here? I still have 10 minutes till my cab arrives.
-Well, in that case... can you summarize quantum mechanics in 10 minutes? Just for fun...
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey guys i noticed this, i do not know if someone else brought this up before, but anyway.
Look at the behind the scenes footage we saw JDW (maybe undercover as a firefighter), he jumps from the firefighter truck to another big truck, he enters by opening a hole in this truck's ceiling and steals this ORANGE CASE. This case probably holds something very important for the movie, but i do not have any idea what.

https://ibb.co/sQ4P8ZR

Now I was looking at the lastes trailer and noticed that the ORANGE CASE was in this guys hand. I do not now who he is ,it's hard to tell, but maybe I am thinking he is Keneth...they somehow took the case from JDW.

https://ibb.co/x66Tvgq

What do you guys think?

enfitt wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:32 pm
Hey guys i noticed this, i do not know if someone else brought this up before, but anyway.
Look at the behind the scenes footage we saw JDW (maybe undercover as a firefighter), he jumps from the firefighter truck to another big truck, he enters by opening a hole in this truck's ceiling and steals this ORANGE CASE. This case probably holds something very important for the movie, but i do not have any idea what.

Now I was looking at the lastes trailer and noticed that the ORANGE CASE was in this guys hand. I do not now who he is ,it's hard to tell, but maybe I am thinking he is Keneth...they somehow took the case from JDW.

What do you guys think?
Yes, it has been discussed a bit that
the ORANGE CASE and what's inside the case should be very important to the movie, maybe a plot gadget.

enfitt wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:32 pm

What do you guys think?
damn great catch

Just another theory.
So, I think this whole "he can communicate with the future"-thing is the key to the story. At first, I thought this is about Branaghov (if this name is offensive for our fellow russian Nolan-fans, feel free to tell me), but now I think this is about JDW. I imagine there are only a few people left in the future, and they're trying to warn us by inverting well coded messages and let them go back in time. Not only messages but gadgets as well, I think what we see in the trailer (when JDW is jedi-pulling that thing) is a place which exists in the future and all the drawers have items that are sent back. It's wild, I know, but what if the Sator Square is one of these coded messages, they weren't made in the past, but in the future. We just thought that ancient humans made them, but in reality those rocks are inverted objects. And it took hundreds of years to decode them, and they help us to understand this technology. Those five words can act as keywords like "Tesla" in The Prestige.

And what if JDW doesn't use the word "carefully" once, and one of Branaghov's spies learns that he gathers information from the future, tells it to his boss and they somehow achieve that "Afterlife" sends him to them as a spy. At some point Branaghov blackmails JDW to give him the technology.

Great read quervo, really enjoying you guys' theories and thoughts. Less than two months to wait now :twothumbsup:

I usually don't share stuff from others because I assume we all also check Twitter/Reddit/etc, but that guy's theory was too interesting not to pass.
You pull the trigger to fire the gun but the gun (and its bullets presumably) are going in a different direction in time... So when he pulls the trigger it fires the bullet but, within the flow of time as the gun, the bullet is fired into his "past", to him it seems as if the bullet is being pulled back into the gun though.

The bullet is already in the wall because he was always going to pull the trigger on the gun (which fires the bullet in that timeline and leaves the bullet in the wall to begin with).

Not necessarily the lack of free will but more like you have already enacted your free will you just need to catch up in time.
I really lack this idea of
"lack of free will"
. It's like it's all written, you just have to go with it.