Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
revision323 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:11 pm
So a line that kinda goes unnoticed amidst the louder aspects of the later part of the trailer -
RPat saying "we need to save them, here and now" - might possibly be hinting at the emotional arc for JDW?

The idea that with all of the power and responsibility of inversion, he might be getting a bit obsessed and losing hold on what the right thing to do is. It's classic CN to implement a direct emotional core like that into a sprawling narrative.
Totally agree with you dude. One of the smaller moments that is certainly way more important than it looks.
We need to save them, here and now.
This implies that
they could be saved later? Or before? In a different timeline?

Forum Pro
Law
Flutterby wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
revision323 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:11 pm
So a line that kinda goes unnoticed amidst the louder aspects of the later part of the trailer -
RPat saying "we need to save them, here and now" - might possibly be hinting at the emotional arc for JDW?

The idea that with all of the power and responsibility of inversion, he might be getting a bit obsessed and losing hold on what the right thing to do is. It's classic CN to implement a direct emotional core like that into a sprawling narrative.
Totally agree with you dude. One of the smaller moments that is certainly way more important than it looks.
We need to save them, here and now.
This implies that
they could be saved later? Or before? In a different timeline?
I got news for you guys
I'm quite positive that's the first scene of the movie, and he's talking about the audience that were gassed in the theater.

Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:19 pm
I got news for you guys
I'm quite positive that's the first scene of the movie, and he's talking about the audience that were gassed in the theater.
That doesn't concur with what we've seen in the prologue, even though the line could appear to fit the situation.
The prologue takes place at the beginning, before JDW is exposed to Tenet. After going back with the fake "target", he will be executed by these russian guys. Then, he'll pass that "test" and Donovan will introduce him to what Tenet is. I don't think Pattinson is in that prologue scene.

Forum Pro
Law
Flutterby wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:26 pm
Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:19 pm
I got news for you guys
That doesn't concur with what we've seen in the prologue, even though the line could appear to fit the situation.
The prologue takes place at the beginning, before JDW is exposed to Tenet. After going back with the fake "target", he will be executed by these russian guys. Then, he'll pass that "test" and Donovan will introduce him to what Tenet is. I don't think Pattinson is in that prologue scene.
After rewatching the trailer, you're right. However, regarding
Pattison not being in the prologue, I'm almost positive he's the SWAT member who saves JDW from the bullet.

User of Interest wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 9:31 pm
It's the same room... Ouch!
So much for them being 'lovers' LOL.

Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:32 pm
Pattison not being in the prologue, I'm almost positive he's the SWAT member who saves JDW from the bullet.
That would make the most sense! Or...
the SWAT member who saves JDW from the bullet is JDW himself.

Forum Pro
Law
Flutterby wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:37 pm
Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:32 pm
That would make the most sense! Or...
the SWAT member who saves JDW from the bullet is JDW himself.

There's a continuity error when JDW and Pat are talking in the hotel room. The jacket on the sofa changes position between shots. I know its nitpicky feel free to permaban me :lol:

User of Interest wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 9:52 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 9:41 pm
User of Interest wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 9:31 pm
It's the same room... Ouch!
Ouch, so is this where debicki’s bruises on her face come from?
It looks that way. Anyhow,
the white clothes that JDW is wearing looks the same to me:
Yeah I think you're right. I think the sequence of events for the beginning of this movie will be the prologue (extended in the final cut), JDW's "death", revival, waking up in the bed (maybe on the ship already), Donovan introducing him to Tenet, and then his first stop is to Clemence Posey's character to introduce the audience to the basic mechanics. And then the rest of the movie and so forth.

From the trailer, I can't really piece together what I think are the order of the setpieces. For example, I would have thought the highway chase scene with Pattinson rescuing JDW from the Blue/red room (from the official still images) would be somewhere in the 40-50% of the film. But now I'm thinking it's a bit later. I'm also wondering when the plane crashing sequence will take place. Probably towards the end 70% of the movie. I know I'm rambling at this point, but what I'M MOST CURIOUS ABOUT is the scene of JDW with the gas mask on with the door opening in front of him. The fact that it's been in all 3 trailers (2 of them having it be the ending shot) makes me feel like that sequence will be the climax.

So what exactly is the relationship between Debicki and the boys she kisses. I don't feel that he is Debicki's son because she seems a little young to be a mother.