Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 6:06 am
I guess my problem with Zack Snyder's superheroes is that they all come across as Atlas Shrugged protagonists or characters that sprang forth from the Fountainhead. A lot of violence and action without empathy for the people without powers and I think those characters deserve better at this point quite frankly.
Poor Super, working his ass off around the globe just to get a comment like this.
But he probably doesn't read forums and as MJ said in The Last Dance, you can never please anybody anyway.

m4st4 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 6:34 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 6:06 am
I guess my problem with Zack Snyder's superheroes is that they all come across as Atlas Shrugged protagonists or characters that sprang forth from the Fountainhead. A lot of violence and action without empathy for the people without powers and I think those characters deserve better at this point quite frankly.
Poor Super, working his ass off around the globe just to get a comment like this.
But he probably doesn't read forums and as MJ said in The Last Dance, you can never please anybody anyway.
I'm under no illusion. There are tons of different takes on these characters but imo some are better than others and I find the Ayn Rand-type superhero to be interesting only in what it says abut the audience that these versions of these characters are seen as heroes by a large number of viewers.
Just because Batman initially used a gun and killed criminals in the comics does not mean that that's the version of that character which I'd like to see nowadays or which has the most positive things to contribute to popular culture.

That's right, don't ever comment on the post, just continue recycling old stuff.
I'm checking out from quoting or replying to you, for my own health.

m4st4 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 6:46 am
That's right, don't ever comment on the post, just continue recycling old stuff.
I'm checking out from quoting or replying to you, for my own health.
I mean if you're always this mean with people who want to engage then I don't want to talk to you and please don't quote me if the only reason is to diss me every time I respond, thanks.

lmfao all these people are destroying their copies of Justice League on twitter. How fucking pathetic :facepalm:

These are the same idiots that bought it in the first place.

Numbers wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:17 pm
lmfao all these people are destroying their copies of Justice League on twitter. How fucking pathetic :facepalm:

These are the same idiots that bought it in the first place.
It's like the Nike thing all over again. Like they still took your money and cashed it in the first place.

Idk why they can't just give the movie to kids who might not have much to do at the moment.

Artemis wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:19 pm
Idk why they can't just give the movie to kids who might not have much to do at the moment.
Or you know, resell it. Either way would've worked.

I don't mind getting Snyder's Cut, I mean, I'm curious enough to check it out... But part of me also hates that WB is giving these manbabies what they want.

Yeah the movement was majority annoying. I was harrassed by a few of them a long way back.

It's a win for director's vision though so I'm glad for that.

Just a question: we got Wonder Woman, Shazam and Birds of Prey after Snyder put (and stopped putting) his stamp on the DC characters. Why do we now (want to?) go backwards?
I don't think people liked how much of a joke DC superhero films were during the Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad days. Who, if anyone, is nostalgic for that stuff and why?

Batfan175 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 3:51 am
Just a question: we got Wonder Woman, Shazam and Birds of Prey after Snyder put (and stopped putting) his stamp on the DC characters. Why do we now (want to?) go backwards?
I don't think people liked how much of a joke DC superhero films were during the Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad days. Who, if anyone, is nostalgic for that stuff and why?
People like that they took the characters, thematics and vision of the world and themes seriously, and doubled down between them being "comic-booky" and cerebral at once.

So to answer your question: those people. I'm not one of them, but I'm not going to pretend they don't exist because I feel differently.

-Vader