Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 3:52 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 2:27 pm
The thing is, I really loved this show for its supporting cast, terrific character actors playing all sorts of fascinating personalities and they all died one by one and as the result the show got progressively less and less interesting.

Of the leads, Tyrion and Arya were great, but they declined siginificantly post S4. The only one of the main cast that actually thrived over time was Sansa, and they just had no idea what to do with her in the end.
I will stand by this take until the end of time, but if GRRM had at least finished Winds and gave D&D a great outline for ADOS the quality of seasons 5-8 would have been considerably stronger.

As easy as it is to take potshots at them, they basically had to end a narrative so convoluted it's baffled its own creator for a decade while producing the most complex international tv production, and one of the most complex productions for film or tv period, of all time, while actors were increasingly impatient they had to keep turning down other roles.

I imagine one day we'll get a proper adaptation one day.

-Vader
On one hand a pretty bold statement that we'll ever see a new adaptation of Game of Thrones but on the other hand, if they adapt it as feature film(s) then I guess, yes? Probably going to take at least a decade or two but considering Hollywood I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ever take another jab at GoT whenever (if ever) GRRM finishes his novels lol

Batfan175 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:03 pm
You got a proper adaptation with this show.
Why can't you just tolerate other people's opinions about GoT for once smh

lol, these novels would never work as feature movies.

Batfan175 wrote:

That's it huh. Everybody who has a different opinion is wrong and I am right.

Riiiiight.🤘

I'm just saying that I don't think they're going to tackle GRRMs Song of Ice and Fire again anytime soon. But yeah, you know, they could go with some crazy sort of LOTR style trilogy, maybe picking up somewhere else in the story but crafting GRRMs ending, whenever it becomes written text lol

The logical step forward is another series about a different time in this world, and that's exactly what we're getting lol

Nomis wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 5:51 pm
I'm just saying that I don't think they're going to tackle GRRMs Song of Ice and Fire again anytime soon. But yeah, you know, they could go with some crazy sort of LOTR style trilogy, maybe picking up somewhere else in the story but crafting GRRMs ending, whenever it becomes written text lol

The logical step forward is another series about a different time in this world, and that's exactly what we're getting lol
Exactly. I don't think ASOIAF will be strictly adapted again in our lifetime if ever. The chances of GRRM finishing decreases by the year sadly, if he doesn't wrap up Winds by the end of COVID-19 I dunno what to say....it's nearly been a decade. House of the Dragon is perfect for the next thing.

Ikr

I'm quite looking forward to House of the Dragon, the Targaryens are some of the if not the most interesting family line and Sapochnik knows his ways around dragons 8-)

I actually hope House of the Dragon will be a little smaller in scale, maybe 6 or 8 episodes for the first season. I know Sapochnik will direct the pilot and additional episodes but that doesn't rule out any other directors. I mean there were more very talented directors on GoT, but a whole season directed by Sapochnik would be really cool

m4st4 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 5:48 pm
Batfan175 wrote:

Riiiiight.🤘
When the showrunners get the ending from the author of the source material and make a show with decent writing, great cinematography, music, performances, etc. with that ending in mind I'd say that's a proper adaptation and it's as good as you can hope for with books of this size and scope. If someone decides to give me a great sandwich I'm not going to spit it out and demand they bring me filet mignon instead.

It's might not be not word-for-word from the books but overly faithful adaptations are not interesting to me. I don't care about fealty to the source material. I mean, it's nice when a film is faithful to the book it's based on but if it isn't that does not make it a bad film.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:53 am
m4st4 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 5:48 pm
Batfan175 wrote:

Riiiiight.🤘
When the showrunners get the ending from the author of the source material and make a show with decent writing, great cinematography, music, performances, etc. with that ending in mind I'd say that's a proper adaptation and it's as good as you can hope for with books of this size and scope. If someone decides to give me a great sandwich I'm not going to spit it out and demand they bring me filet mignon instead.

It's might not be not word-for-word from the books but overly faithful adaptations are not interesting to me. I don't care about fealty to the source material. I mean, it's nice when a film is faithful to the book it's based on but if it isn't that does not make it a bad film.
Why are you wasting your breath here. I said: that's it, your opinion on GOT is be all and all and the internet is wrong? Why are you posting paragraphs upon paragraphs of same shit, just paraphrased.

I perfectly understand you believe season 8 is a 'great sandwitch', that was clear as a day to me since day one of you posting here. I'm asking you if you have ability to accept that not everybody feels the same and that a good number of people absolutely hated that last season and thought GOT was on a decline since season 5.

Do you have that ability within you? Or are you going to post some more on how actually great it is? All I'm asking here is some fucking humility in the face of the overwhelming factor that works against you: People. Are. Not. The same. People. Have. Different. Opinions.

For once, stay on topic. Don't talk about WHY you believe it is great, take of the blinders and acknowledge that it's not a fact, just an opinion. And you're going to get a lot of oposition no matter what.

m4st4 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:02 am
People. Are. Not. The same. People. Have. Different. Opinions.
Never said that people can't have their own opinions. There are many who do think that it's not a proper adaptation, I just happen to disagree. Doesn't mean I think that people cannot have different opinions from mine, I'm merely expressing my own. They are welcome to disagree and think that I don't know what I'm talking about. Feel free to do so.