Tenet's Cinematography

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
And the trailer still not contain the airplane/airport and the helicopter scene..

JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 6:40 pm
And the trailer still not contain the airplane/airport and the helicopter scene..
The trailer also looks like it includes none of the
prologue/hostage situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YZSQ5m9NY
Staring at 15:20 in the preceding video, Nolan and Wally Pfister explained that shooting the reverse gunshot sequence in MEMENTO was done by reversing the film magazine. This is due to opticals in postproduction losing resolution.

Is it possible that Nolan and his production crew, reversed the magazines in the Panavision 65mm and 70MM IMAX cameras for the reversal effects in TENET?

studiomogul wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 9:07 pm
Staring at 15:20 in the preceding video, Nolan and Wally Pfister explained that shooting the reverse gunshot sequence in MEMENTO was done by reversing the film magazine. This is due to opticals in postproduction losing resolution.

Is it possible that Nolan and his production crew, reversed the magazines in the Panavision 65mm and 70MM IMAX cameras for the reversal effects in TENET?
Oh, I'm sure that's exactly what he did.

El Especial wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 3:01 pm
studiomogul wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 9:07 pm

Oh, I'm sure that's exactly what he did.
This is just awesome! Now I’m pretty sure we will hear more about Memento, when it comes to Nolan’s explanation of how he came up with the idea for Tenet.

Such a simple concept but confused me lol. So the trick is that they run the film backwards - aka the motor runs the film in the opposite direction and when it’s played normally the motion is reversed. With digital it’s just one click :lol:

Make sure to play Tenet teaser soundtrack in background before hitting the Spoiler button below.

It works.

This shot from the new trailer

There’s so much to unpack.

Hoyte better win best cinematography for this.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:11 pm
There’s so much to unpack.

Hoyte better win best cinematography for this.
I mean what competition does he have?