TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:24 pm
rotas wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:09 pm
Not gonna lie it's pretty funny watching all of these YouTuber's reacting to TENET and making speculations and predictions that we had either approved or disproved over 5 months ago :lol:
its funny how the trailer separates people with poor taste too, both tyrone magnus and grace from beyond the trailer didnt find the trailer to be anything special, makes me dislike them more.
agreed. I watch them both regularly but their tastes definitely veer towards general mainstream

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:33 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 1:59 pm
The cast members are all in different countries now. Pattison is in UK, Nolan lives in LA. I believe UK has quarantine for 14 days for all visitors now. It won't be easy to gather them together.
That makes sense. I think Debicki has been living in LA lately, that or she's just been spending a lot of time there. I'm not sure where John David Washington lives. One would assume the US though, right? That means they'd really just be missing Pattinson.
I would much prefer a live press conference or interviews. Zoom interviews are trash.

But according to the WaPo article, some interviews have already been conducted by journalists. They are just waiting for the right time to release it. I hope they are not as vague as the GQ (transcript only) interview that Pattison and Nolan had done which was pretty trashy.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:38 pm
I would much prefer a live press conference or interviews. Zoom interviews are trash.

But according to the WaPo article, some interviews have already been conducted by journalists. They are just waiting for the right time to release it. I hope they are not as vague as the GQ (transcript only) interview that Pattison and Nolan had done which was pretty trashy.
Maybe those were just initial interviews and they're planning more for later? I remember Dunkirk had tons and tons of press. Serious interviews, fun interviews, press conferences and panels. You really got a good look into how the film was made and what the actors' experiences were. It would be so interesting just to hear about how filming went, I don't even care if they tell me anything about the actual movie at this point!

Nicolaslabra wrote:
rotas wrote:
Not gonna lie it's pretty funny watching all of these YouTuber's reacting to TENET and making speculations and predictions that we had either approved or disproved over 5 months ago :lol:
its funny how the trailer separates people with poor taste too, both tyrone magnus and grace from beyond the trailer didnt find the trailer to be anything special, makes me dislike them more.
I don’t dislike them since people have preferences at the end of the day, but you don’t have to pay much attention to it considering Tyrone was so hyped when he watched black widow's trailer and that one was truly ordinary. The biggest reason why I’m watching that movie is Florence Pough because the rest looks just decent to me at the most.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:45 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Maybe those were just initial interviews and they're planning more for later? I remember Dunkirk had tons and tons of press. Serious interviews, fun interviews, press conferences and panels. You really got a good look into how the film was made and what the actors' experiences were. It would be so interesting just to hear about how filming went, I don't even care if they tell me anything about the actual movie at this point!
Per the WaPo article, these were done for long-lead press - print magazine like EW, Empire etc. Press conference, interviews with TV and online outlets and everything would happen closer to the time
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 1:00 pm
So Tenet's website now says: only in cinemas. No date anymore or has this been already shown here?

http://www.tenetmovie.net/

That's always been there, it's the international website. The US tenetfilm.com still has July 17.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
rotas wrote:

I hate both Tyrone and Grace, they both have sh1t taste in films. Just go look at Grace's "Tenet trailer reaction" She says Nolan has been "hit and miss" and that "both Interstellar and Dunkirk haven't really worked out for him" She is the worst reviewer on Youtube.

Bacon wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:03 pm
Angus wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 2:09 pm
Oof. Not looking good, friends.
What isn't? What has changed?
ah you know. nothing changed, it’s just this thread going through its usual manic phase

geozou1 wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 4:34 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
rotas wrote:

I hate both Tyrone and Grace, they both have sh1t taste in films. Just go look at Grace's "Tenet trailer reaction" She says Nolan has been "hit and miss" and that "both Interstellar and Dunkirk haven't really worked out for him" She is the worst reviewer on Youtube.
It’s always down to their own opinion if they feel Nolan is a "hit and miss" or whatever which doesn’t translate to actual quality. The problem is that they make it seem as some sort of reality like with the statement “both interstellar and Dunkirk haven’t really worked out for him" when that’s not true at all. They might use that argument because those films didn’t make as much money or were not as popular as his other ones (TDK or Inception) but they don’t take into account that depending on the genre and type of story, how the success of a movie is determined varies a lot.

Interstellar and Dunkirk really worked out despite the former being more an adventure epic with a runtime of almost 3 hours on little action and the latter being a war movie which wasn’t supposed to attract much attention but it still did and quite a lot for that genre.

antovolk wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 4:17 pm
Per the WaPo article, these were done for long-lead press - print magazine like EW, Empire etc. Press conference, interviews with TV and online outlets and everything would happen closer to the time
That's good news! I didn't know what long-lead press meant, so thank you for clarifying.

I just had a great conversation with a person that was on set during TENET filming in one of California's airport (cause I'm from Europe and don't know the locations by name very well). I won't say his name for the sake of his privacy, he was not a part of the film crew but he was in the area doing work related to aviation because he is a former pilot and engineer, for the sake of the film he was trying not to say much but I managed to get a few things out of him, he basically told me this:
"Seeing the set was cool, they shot different takes in many different ways and for me as someone who does not understand the filming process very well was a little confusing to tell what story they were trying to tell with those scenes."

I asked him about the actors and he told me that during the period of time that he was there ,there weren't any of the actors. The scenes were shot with a team of engineers ,pilots, stunts, a lot of other workers and of course the filming crew. Maybe the actors were sent to shot another day or maybe they shot the scenes in another location or studio built as the inside of the plane, but he wasn't sure for this.

He also told me this when I asked him about the plane crash: "After watching the trailer with cars moving in reverse It made me understand what they did with the plane that day. I am pretty sure that there is going to happen some of that time manipulation with the plane, but as far as I saw no plane crash happens, only some small explosions to make you think that there is a battle going on inside."

And then he concluded: "I am a fan and can not wait to see the movie. I'm sure there will be some surprises, let's see what makes the directors cut."
What do you guys think?