⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
“Paul has been raised in a very strict environment with a lot of training, because he's the son of a Duke and one day... he's training to be the Duke. But as much as he's been prepared and trained for that role, is it really what he dreams to be? That's the contradiction of that character. It's like Michael Corleone in The Godfather – it's someone that has a very tragic fate and he will become something that he was not wishing to become.”

If that hints at dark times ahead, Villeneuve also highlights the virtues of Atreides, who “will become a man” over the course of the story.
“His survival depends on being able to make the right decisions and adapt to different dangerous situations. It's a very beautiful story about someone that becomes empowered,” the director explains.
“Like any young adult he is looking for his identity and trying to understand his place in the world, and he will have to do things that none of his ancestors were able to do in order to survive. He has a beautiful quality of being curious about other people, of having empathy, something that will attract him towards other cultures, and that's what will save his life.”
source

I love the comparison to The Godfather. Not to forget that if there's any young actor working today with that same raw talent in there as Pacino, it's Chalamet.
The more I hear Villeneuve talk about this film the more excited I get and I didn't even thought that was possible lol. The decision of cutting the first book in half is going to pay off so well, this way everything gets so much more room to breathe.

By the way, was that online Comic-Con thing confirmed? If so then I guess that's where they drop the trailer. But I wouldn't mind some new pics and info every month or so lol, leading up to the trailer and after 8-)

@m4: where did you get that from? someone from the production who compared it to the Godfather as well?

Not exactly first hand info but a foreign friend of mine told me she heard one of the crew members mentioning Godfather during the shooting.

aight that's pretty cool

wonder if it's also any indicator of the films' aesthetic.

Any chance he's hinting at... maybe...?

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:00 am

Any chance he's hinting at... maybe...?
Shadow drop on Sunday?

Lol doubt.

Maybe he's just joking

... unless?

It was something else...

But looks like they made several Dune shorts, a la BR2049... And they would promote those during SDCC and now with everything being delayed and Dune going into 2021 most likely everything is fucked up and fuck you corona.

Brian Herbert on Twitter... talking about delaying the release? :(
Some decisions are best made emotionally. Others should be left to logic. With the coronavirus, emotional decisions can be fatal, while pure logic can lead to economic and even mental ruin. This is a time for both emotion and logic, with each weighed carefully.

Most likely yeah... 😣

But does that mean they are delaying Tenet...?