Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
is anyone else irritated by the phrase "trying times"? literally no one had used it since like the 1800's and suddenly it's the only thing people say to describe what's going on

i fully understand this is prolly just me

So is The Dark Knight color palette completely different on newer streaming services?

The film is GREEN now

WAsn't that an issue back in the day after it came out on .. Bluray for the first time iirc.

Sysmatic wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 4:57 pm
WAsn't that an issue back in the day after it came out on .. Bluray for the first time iirc.
I think the Blu-Ray was heavily color corrected and wasn't green, and the new transfer is green tinted and more in line with the theatrical version, but I'm looking for confirmation on this. Surprised there hasn't been a bunch of talk about this online. I've never seen this film with this palette and certain scenes look like a completely different movie.

Weren't the 4K remasters dank tho?

Nomis wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 5:54 pm
Weren't the 4K remasters dank tho?
That's literally what I'm asking. Is the digital transfer I have on Movies Anywhere closer to the original theatrical exhibition? Because it's NOTHING like my Blu-Ray.

Bacon wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 4:57 pm
I think the Blu-Ray was heavily color corrected and wasn't green, and the new transfer is green tinted and more in line with the theatrical version, but I'm looking for confirmation on this. Surprised there hasn't been a bunch of talk about this online. I've never seen this film with this palette and certain scenes look like a completely different movie.
Ah okay.. I don't remember what it was. Could've been the DVD back then actually. I know one was like suuuuuper fudged up and looked totally different compared to the theatrical one.

Such a long time ago

Vader182 wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 8:06 pm
Bacon, I'm not sure about what's streaming online, but the latest UHDs look by far closest to the theatrical version. It is indeed more green in spots.

EDIT: here you go:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=11844 ... &go=0&l=0
-Vader
Interesting...

Looking at my copies of TDKR, it's the same as well. I was considering using some extra Google Play money I have to buy a 4K digital version of Inception so it could be added to my Movies Anywhere account, but looking at screens and the like, it looks like Inception is the same way. Greener tint.

Dunno whether this is something I like or not. Reminds me of Nolan's...questionable 2001 transfer.

These are huge differences:

(Bottom is 4K and the newer transfer)

Keep in mind these are 4K stills of a transfer intended to be seen with HDR. Those highlights have a lot more information on an HDR screen. This is why 4K stills of a movie with HDR are an imperfect science.

-Vader