Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 5:15 pm
Don't take this as stubbornness, but if theaters are open for a Tenet release in July, my butt will be in a seat whether I'm the only one in the theater or it's at 100% capacity. I'll likely be masked up, though.

If theaters aren't open at that hoped for time, then like everyone else I'll just have to stomach that.
You're so selfish, you're going to kill everyone in your city if you step out your door... j.k. Go see the movie, have fun and be safe.

Ace wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 11:15 am
Push it back, WB.

let's not... buy into irrational fears.

they seem like pretty rational fears to me, imagine they go ahead with tenet, cases spike, people will blame wb and nolan, their image will be tarnished, selfish nolan will become a real thing in the public opinion.

anikom15 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 7:49 pm
Echo chambers echo.
Can argue the same about the industry itself.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 12:55 am
they seem like pretty rational fears to me, imagine they go ahead with tenet, cases spike, people will blame wb and nolan, their image will be tarnished, selfish nolan will become a real thing in the public opinion.
Disney is doing the same thing with Mulan however, so WB aren't the only ones.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 1:19 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 12:55 am
Disney is doing the same thing with Mulan however, so WB aren't the only ones.
then they could also get in the "selfish bastard" boat, although they are in it since way before this but still, you know what i mean.

Glad to see some folks using their heads. (referring to the articles above explaining the caveats) It's not about petty things such as "But but but Disney is doing it too !", it's about the reality here. I know it's not possible to keep movie theaters closed until a vaccine is up and running (although if we're lucky enough to get one in 2020...) but when you see one guy in South Korea, asymptomatic (and there will be more of those going to movie theaters) going from night club to night club in one night, infecting 30+ something people and possibly being in contact with 1,500 folks overall, causing SK to close all bars and night clubs...

Well, what if (and it will happen) that happened in movie theaters? You can't be sure that, if masks are mandatory and they must be, that everyone will play the game, will keep it on for the whole film, or not take it off to eat food.

What will you say then huh? Many states who reopened far too early are seeing big increases in cases which of course were bound to happen but still. Don't put blinders on. It is uncomfortable but it's very unlikely Tenet will open in July. And I bet you Nolan will feel like shit if it does and cases spike.

antovolk wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 1:07 am
anikom15 wrote:
Echo chambers echo.
Okay, then do so. My argument: you can't. Wallets don't lie.

anikom15 wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 3:17 am
antovolk wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 1:07 am
anikom15 wrote:
Echo chambers echo.
Okay, then do so. My argument: you can't. Wallets don't lie.
neither does human fucking health.

Exactly Anton. Geez are some people in here and everywhere else being dense. This pandemic is illustrating sheer human stupidity, and it is rampant. Not surprising.